"CAMPING WORLD" CEO Craps in Own Lunchbox?

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Old Grafton

"CAMPING WORLD" CEO Craps in Own Lunchbox?

Post by Old Grafton »

https://racingnews.co/2017/08/21/marcus ... nascar-rv/

My "unsubscribe" reason given to their persistent e-mails:

"Your CEO's comments about supporters of the U.S. President have made it simple. You'll never get another dime from me."
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Vonz90

Re: "CAMPING WORLD" CEO Craps in Own Lunchbox?

Post by Vonz90 »

He is the guy who bought Gander Mountain too. I do not think he understands the customer base (.... and this is coming from a very much -not Trump guy).
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

When are CEOs going to learn to keep their nose out of politics? :roll:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote:When are CEOs going to learn to keep their nose out of politics? :roll:
Half past never.

When governments have as much control over markets as they do now, playing politics is MANDATORY for a CEO.

They just seem to need more skill in understanding the different politics of different constituencies.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

End of the linked article says Martin backed down.
UPDATE: Mark Martin regrets his statement

An hour after this post was published, Mark Martin has updated his statement on Camping World.

Mark Martin has spoken with the Camping World CEO. Since the call, his original tweet has been deleted and he’s updated his stance.

Mark Martin via twitter, “After a call from Marcus Lemonis today regret my tweet yesterday. I believe many articles about his statement were misrepresented.”

During the call the two of them found a common ground. The division isn’t needed.

Martin stated, “Marcus Lemonis and I agree we are both sick of the fighting in our country.”
It doesn't say whether he reinstated the order or not.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

I won't "reinstate" my former customer status with them. There are a lot of other suppliers. And I'm really pissed that I didn't hear about Lemonis' posturing on Trump earlier; I would not have made some previous purchases. Eff. Mr. Lemonis.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.