Snowflake Hiring Test

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Vonz90

Re: Snowflake Hiring Test

Post by Vonz90 »

blackeagle603 wrote:
I mostly care about how they work with a team and if they can solve engineering problems. It is amazing how many are freaked out that you ask them engineering problems when interviewing for an engineering position.
Preach it brother. Even more basic than that, I'm happy if I can find one QE in 10 that can simply remember to think about the material pipeline from start to finish at any time during a quality containment/line recovery issue. That's before even finding out if they can think rationally with their technical mind about failure analysis and addressing root cause.

Don't get me started on the number of "certified" Quality Engineers I've interviewed who cannot begin to describe the difference between a process being "in control" vs producing "in spec." I think it was actually 2 out of 60+ Senior/Staff level QE's I interviewed over a 2 year period.

I let my ASQ certification lapse because I was so ashamed of them and that cert which I had once cherished and thought to be of significance -- and shifted my focus to engineering/s
Yep.

When I do internal training, I tend to put a slide in saying that you have to understand the math or you are just a monkey with a gun. Then I go over the math. It is not that complex and I think most engineers get it if you go through it, but still I see stupid mistakes. Not knowing when to use Ppk vs Cpk is the most common (again, if you know what they are mathematically, it is obvious).