First combat use of MOAB

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Netpackrat

First combat use of MOAB

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
blackeagle603

Re: First combat use of MOAB

Post by blackeagle603 »

from theory to practice. finally.

Be waiting with baited breath for any assessment info that gets released.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Post by randy »

Heh. Sort of reminds me of a time when during an exercise we were supposed to localize and kill a high value mobile target. We had it located to within a grid square and were working on how to refine the location.

The Colonel in charge asked me "do we have MLRS available?" "Yes sir." "Remove the grid square. Then tell me if we go it." "Yes Sir!".
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Did we use this in Iraq 2.0? What is the one that is dropped out of a C130 (big round one, kinda like a big Liberty Bell)?
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

scipioafricanus wrote:Did we use this in Iraq 2.0? What is the one that is dropped out of a C130 (big round one, kinda like a big Liberty Bell)?
I know the Daisy Cutter was used Afghanistan. Not sure about Iraq.
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

But but barrel bombs in syria :roll:
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

rightisright wrote:
scipioafricanus wrote:Did we use this in Iraq 2.0? What is the one that is dropped out of a C130 (big round one, kinda like a big Liberty Bell)?
I know the Daisy Cutter was used Afghanistan. Not sure about Iraq.
BLU-82

From my limited time in Aviation Ordnance, I was under the impression a "Daisy Cutter" is made when the extended fuse is affixed to the ordnance. As such, any bomb equipped with the proper fuse is a Daisy Cutter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

slowpoke wrote:But but barrel bombs in syria :roll:
What about 'em?
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

randy wrote:Heh. Sort of reminds me of a time when during an exercise we were supposed to localize and kill a high value mobile target. We had it located to within a grid square and were working on how to refine the location.

The Colonel in charge asked me "do we have MLRS available?" "Yes sir." "Remove the grid square. Then tell me if we go it." "Yes Sir!".
That is GunCounter gold right there.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL