Fidel Castro Dead

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Aaron

Re: Fidel Castro Dead

Post by Aaron »

I'll not be attending his funeral, but I plan to send a letter saying I approve of it.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom,...Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you...; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

-Samuel Adams

Irate Islander
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

Speaking of the the Beard's funeral.

I really hope this is a valid news source
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

They should have used one of the old Yankee Imperialist antiques to be sure of getting there..... :lol:
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Ding dong, the Red is dead,
Which old Red, the evil Red,
Ding dong, Fidel the Red is dead!

Well, I'll never get a job at Tin Pan Alley, but I did read of his passing with approval, and I found a song in my heart to commemorate the event.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Wrenchbender1

Post by Wrenchbender1 »

I see that they cremated him to symbolically show the masses what direction he'll be traveling in. :lol:
Beware lest in your anxiety to avoid war you obtain a master.
- Demosthenes
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

I think embalming them and putting them on permanent display to assure the masses of his passing went out of style around the time of Fidel's birth.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Windy Wilson wrote:I think embalming them and putting them on permanent display to assure the masses of his passing went out of style around the time of Fidel's birth.
Reminds me of the Irish Funeral story..
Seamus: "Sean, what're you doing here? I never knew you cared for Ian ??!!"

Sean: "I didn't; I just wanted to pinch the fooker's cheek to be sure he's dead!"
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Windy Wilson wrote:I think embalming them and putting them on permanent display to assure the masses of his passing went out of style around the time of Fidel's birth.
Lefties are old school. The most up to date ones still seem to think it's 1968. Many fail to even be that modern.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr