October 16 is National Boss's Day

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
308Mike

October 16 is National Boss's Day

Post by 308Mike »

Some history of the day, and here's the wikipedia entry:
Boss's Day (also known as Bosses Day or National Boss Day) is a secular holiday celebrated[citation needed] on October 16 in the United States. It has traditionally been a day for employees to thank their boss for being kind and fair throughout the year. The holiday has been the source of some controversy and criticism in the United States, where it is often mocked as a Hallmark Holiday. Recently, sites like Hallmark have recognized the holiday with a contemporary spin.
I usually take my supervisor out to lunch. Having a good boss is worth a LOT more than many people realize, that is until you've have a bad supervisor or boss. I could be making quite a bit more money working other places, but having a flexible schedule and an understanding boss makes a HUGE difference when you have a chronically ill family member.

Tomorrow, I raise a toast to my boss!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
SoupOrMan

Re: October 16 is National Boss's Day

Post by SoupOrMan »

Man, I'm just 25% less surly to my callers to celebrate National Boss's Day.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

It's also my wife's birthday.

Nope, not going there, uh uh, no way, nope.
Jered

Post by Jered »

Happy Boss's Day!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Does this mean I should take myself out to dinner after work?

Man, being a small business owner with no employees suck. I need minions to shower me with praise and gifts. Then, I'd yell, "Get back to work you lousy slobs! And Frank," Frank would be the new guy," You're fired!" :twisted:

That would rock!
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom,...Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you...; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

-Samuel Adams

Irate Islander