Protesters storm Capitol, halting Electoral Vote certification

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Termite

Protesters storm Capitol, halting Electoral Vote certification

Post by Termite »

"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Vonz90

Re: Protesters storm Capitol, halting Electoral Vote certification

Post by Vonz90 »

I have no use for rioters and I do not care what side they pretend be on.

On the plus side it may make Dems appreciate law and order for the first time in a long while. Nah, probably not
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

soap box has been censored on one side, ballot box is corrupted, what is left? Don't think P-Mags fit in a cartridge box.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Some of the "breaching" videos I saw involved people walking into the capitol building (between the lines of velvet ropes) and taking videos and photos.

Word choice sure can make a difference.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

"Rioters"
You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means
Indigo Montoya
(at least not from what i saw watching early on)
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Jered

Post by Jered »

scipioafricanus wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:06 pm soap box has been censored on one side, ballot box is corrupted, what is left? Don't think P-Mags fit in a cartridge box.
The jury box, but they've denied that because reasons.

Or when you have leftist judges say bullshit like this:

"Here we conclude that while failures to include a handwritten name, address or date in the voter declaration on the back of the outer envelope, while constituting technical violations of the Election Code, do not warrant the wholesale disenfranchisement of thousands of Pennsylvanian voters," wrote Justice Christine Donohue, who was joined in the opinion by two others in the Monday order.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
randy

Post by randy »

Vonz90 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:55 pm I have no use for rioters and I do not care what side they pretend be on.
+1

Also sorry to see this happen as it feeds into the "Democrat opponents bad" narrative. Of course in any group, there is a non-zero percentage of assholes and idiots.

Of course had this been BLM or ANTIFA it would "mostly peaceful" protesting, not a riot. And I can't say I have much sympathy for congress critters huddling in fear under their seats.

They didn't do squat when Portland, Minneapolis or Kenosha were going up. Might do some good for them to have a taste and be reminded that neither they nor the city of DC are special. But I'm probably kidding myself on that.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Evidence emerging of crisis actors at the front doing the bad stuff. Or some of it. Antifa characters recognizable in photos from other Antifa riots in Phillie etc.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

blackeagle603 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:09 pm Evidence emerging of crisis actors at the front doing the bad stuff. Or some of it. Antifa characters recognizable in photos from other Antifa riots in Phillie etc.
Maybe true, maybe not. If true it just confirms that my belief that they should have been shooting them as they busted through the doors.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »