Government Run Health Care

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
HTRN

Re: Government Run Health Care

Post by HTRN »

How many develop issues? 1 in ten? 1 in twenty? 1 in a thousand? Vs a drug that may give alzheimer's or Leukemia in 5 years.

Like I said, an experimental vaccine, rushed into production, and had the usual testing waived, vs a virus that almost all the ones infected with it having little of any symptoms?

Yeah, that's a hard No. If I was immunocompromised, elderly, etc. It would be a different story, but as a relatively healthy adult under 50, no, I'm not going to be a live fire beta tester.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Re: Government Run Health Care

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:17 am How many develop issues? 1 in ten? 1 in twenty? 1 in a thousand? Vs a drug that may give alzheimer's or Leukemia in 5 years.

Like I said, an experimental vaccine, rushed into production, and had the usual testing waived, vs a virus that almost all the ones infected with it having little of any symptoms?

Yeah, that's a hard No. If I was immunocompromised, elderly, etc. It would be a different story, but as a relatively healthy adult under 50, no, I'm not going to be a live fire beta tester.
I understand the feeling even if I come to a different conclusion. While I think widespread immunization is the right path, I am absolutely against making it mandatory except for very narrow circumstances (military, working health care, etc.) It needs to be something everyone judges for themselves.