Trump's 2020 SCOTUS List will drive the Leftists insane.

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
HTRN

Re: Trump's 2020 SCOTUS List will drive the Leftists insane.

Post by HTRN »

Netpackrat wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:44 pm
Precision wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:14 pm My quibble is that you think there are many demonrat politicos that come close to breaking out of the 2 digit IQ range... Ted Cruz is batting with at least a 130, so...
Plenty of us fall into the latter category, but nobody is beating down our doors with supreme court nominations... :lol:
Mines North of 150, do you want me making legal decisions? :mrgreen: :twisted:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:06 pm
Netpackrat wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:44 pm
Precision wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:14 pm My quibble is that you think there are many demonrat politicos that come close to breaking out of the 2 digit IQ range... Ted Cruz is batting with at least a 130, so...
Plenty of us fall into the latter category, but nobody is beating down our doors with supreme court nominations... :lol:
Mines North of 150, do you want me making legal decisions? :mrgreen: :twisted:
You could hardly do worse than a lot of what we have now, and at least we'd be entertained. :mrgreen:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Well they're would be alot of colorful language - has any scotus brief used the term ambulance chaser?

And with a new opening, hurmm...
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Termite

Post by Termite »

Is Barbara Lagoa Trump’s October Surprise?

The far Left is gearing up to go berserker on Amy Coney Barrett.
"Barrett is a devout Roman Catholic mother of seven, whom the abortion ghouls are convinced will show up to the Supreme Court on her first day with a flaming sword, and overturn Roe v. Wade all on her own."
Meanwhile Trump, who is known to play political 4-D chess, may nominate a Latino woman.

Note to self: Buy more beer and popcorn; this should prove entertaining.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

My dark horse from that list would be Alison Jones Rushing. She would break the Ivy League stranglehold (Duke Law), she clerked for Gorsuch when he was a circuit judge and Thomas at SCOTUS. Federalist society member.

Oh, and she's only 38. So she could easily sit on the Court for 40 years.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

40 years? Start a pool! With the amount of work being done on longevity by the likes of David Sinclair and the advances that could happen in then next few decades I'll buy the square for 60.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Well, I'm figuring she might want to retire and spend some time torturing her children by spoiling her grandkids.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Termite

Post by Termite »

"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

https://www.nationalreview.com/bench-me ... term=first

Seems she is a 2nd Amendment absolutist (Not that there is anything wrong with that)
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

My wife's uncle by marriage gives new meaning to the "deranged" in TDS. He posted something about Amy Coney Barrett being a member of a cult that oppresses its women.

I responded with:
Membership is voluntary. The real question is, how good are the sandwiches they make?
and
The men in the cult are failing spectacularly at oppression if one of their handmaids gets nominated for the Supreme Court.
I'm trying to make one of his rabid friend's head explode. I'm a bad man. :mrgreen:

My daughter in law PM'ed me:
It’s not the men’s fault! She probably asked her husband, “Hey, do you care if I get sworn into the Supreme Court?” And he tried really hard to say, “No, you have too many toilets to clean!”, but his mouth was full of sandwich and he couldn’t get the words out 😥
I now love her even more. :lol:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D