Trump's 2020 SCOTUS List will drive the Leftists insane.

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Termite

Trump's 2020 SCOTUS List will drive the Leftists insane.

Post by Termite »

On Wednesday, President Donald Trump released a new list of potential Supreme Court nominees should he win re-election in November.
LINKY

Here it is:
Bridget Bade, a judge on 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
Daniel Cameron, the attorney general of Kentucky
Paul Clement, former solicitor general of the United States
Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.)
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas)
Stuart Kyle Duncan, a judge on the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
Stephen Engel, assistant attorney general for the office of legal counsel in the Trump administration
Noel Francisco, former solicitor general of the United States
Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.)
James Ho, a judge on the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
Gregory Katsas, a judge on the District of Columbia Court of Appeals
Barbara Lagoa, a judge on the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
Christopher Landau, U.S. Ambassador to Mexico
Carlos Muniz, a justice on the Florida Supreme Court
Martha Pacold, a judge on the District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Peter Phipps, a judge on the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals
Sarah Pitlyk, a judge on the District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
Alison Jones Rushing, a judge on the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals
Kate Todd, a deputy assistant a deputy counsel to the president
Lawrence VanDyke, a judge on the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
Be still my heart......... ;)
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
HTRN

Re: Trump's 2020 SCOTUS List will drive the Leftists insane.

Post by HTRN »

My money is on this being an epic job of trolling.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

HTRN wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:19 am My money is on this being an epic job of trolling.
+1 He is the master and after 4 years, the fish still haven't learned.

... and the media hits the bait 3,2,1...
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
BDK

Post by BDK »

If given a chance, he has to nominate Cruz, just for the entertainment value of the confirmation hearing...
Termite

Post by Termite »

BDK wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:46 pm If given a chance, he has to nominate Cruz, just for the entertainment value of the confirmation hearing...
The question would be: Can Cruz keep his temper in check,and calmly verbally destroy their arguments, while being vilified and harassed by politicians 30 IQ points lower than himself? Is he willing to put himself and his family thru that?

Alan Dershowitz called Cruz the most brilliant law student he had ever taught. As Texas Solicitor General, Cruz authored 70 U.S. Supreme Court briefs and presented 43 oral arguments. His nine appearances before the Supreme Court are the most by any practicing lawyer in Texas, or current member of Congress.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

I'm no legal scholar so my opinion on his legal qualifications are meaningless-- but the fact that his NAME gives libasses the SCHITTS is a helluva recommendation for the job LOLOL
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Precision

Post by Precision »

Termite wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:55 pm
BDK wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:46 pm If given a chance, he has to nominate Cruz, just for the entertainment value of the confirmation hearing...
The question would be: Can Cruz keep his temper in check,and calmly verbally destroy their arguments, while being vilified and harassed by politicians 30 IQ points lower than himself? Is he willing to put himself and his family thru that?

Alan Dershowitz called Cruz the most brilliant law student he had ever taught. As Texas Solicitor General, Cruz authored 70 U.S. Supreme Court briefs and presented 43 oral arguments. His nine appearances before the Supreme Court are the most by any practicing lawyer in Texas, or current member of Congress.
My quibble is that you think there are many demonrat politicos that come close to breaking out of the 2 digit IQ range... Ted Cruz is batting with at least a 130, so...
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Precision wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:14 pm
Termite wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:55 pm

My quibble is that you think there are many demonrat politicos that come close to breaking out of the 2 digit IQ range... Ted Cruz is batting with at least a 130, so...
Don't kid yourself, there are plenty of brilliant people who are more than willing to sound like idiots pandering to the left wing masses in pursuit of power (plenty of actual idiots in there too)
BDK

Post by BDK »

Yes, I’m met very intelligent, but amoral, politicians.

And, I’m fairly certain Cruz wouldn’t hold his temper, at all. But if Trump launches Cruz, Gowdy, and DeMint at them, they might be beat up enough to let in whomever he really wants. (I honestly think Cruz would be another Scalia, but I don’t know if he’d make it in.)
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Precision wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:14 pm My quibble is that you think there are many demonrat politicos that come close to breaking out of the 2 digit IQ range... Ted Cruz is batting with at least a 130, so...
Plenty of us fall into the latter category, but nobody is beating down our doors with supreme court nominations... :lol:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop