No Leadership

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
D5CAV

No Leadership

Post by D5CAV »

Unfortunately for my brethren in uniform, most of the good leaders have been hounded out of the military. What is left is a bunch of virtue-signalling, political lapdogs, including the current Joint Chief of Staff, who didn't have the balls to either tell Trump he didn't want to go to church or stand by Trump at church - whatever he believed.

Reading this account by this Washington National Guardsman gave me the RCOB: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/sho ... ttle-riots

This is what got my blood boiling:
Per order of the Governor of Washington State, Jay Inslee, the Washington Army National Guard went into Seattle COMPLETELY UNARMED. We had NO way to defend ourselves and HAD TO rely upon the SEATTLE POLICE DEPARTMENT to protect us… Not all of us had vests or plates that would stop rifle bullets. In the beginning, most of us didn’t even have shin guards… A few Soldiers didn’t have batons… Shields were hit or miss, but we ended up sharing where we could…
WTF? If the Commanding General of the Washington National Guard was a leader and not a political lapdog, he would have told the Governor, "Either my boys are armed or they stay home."

It gets worse:
The “protesters” began throwing rocks, glass bottles, and chunks of concrete. I was out there ALL day. There wasn’t any construction going on. There wasn’t a pile of concrete or bricks anywhere to be seen. All I saw were younger people with heavy backpacks. THEY WERE GRABBING CHUNKS OF CONCRETE FROM THEIR BACKPACKS TO THROW AT US. Why is that important? Why would you carry chunks of concrete to a protest? Because you PLAN on using/throwing the concrete… When the concrete began to rain down on us, it came from ALL directions. What does that mean? It was COORDINATED. THEY PLANNED TO ASSAULT US WITH CONCRETE. I didn’t realize until later, but I have to tell you… it really pissed me off when I thought about the situation I had just experienced. As they were throwing these items, the Officers tried to protect us by using less-lethal means (OC/CS/etc). NO LETHAL FORCE WAS USED. Could the Seattle Police Department use lethal force in that situation? Absolutely… a chunk of concrete to the head can KILL someone…
This soldier also accounts bottles filled with urine, feces and gasoline thrown at them, followed by fireworks to set the gasoline on fire.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Precision

Re: No Leadership

Post by Precision »

The objective is to demoralize the responders, pit them against their superiors. With "superiors" like that it won't be tough. Then of the thousands of brick throwing "protestors" caught on video. Maybe 1% will face charges and maybe 10% of those will have something serious stick. Yup, the glue that keeps the country together is not water proof vs a pressure washer.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/