Chuck Schumer Threatens SCOTUS

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
skb12172

Chuck Schumer Threatens SCOTUS

Post by skb12172 »

Is he senile or insane? He's doubling down on his threat. Inconceivable!

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/po ... 956861002/
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
randy

Re: Chuck Schumer Threatens SCOTUS

Post by randy »

Embrace the power of "and"
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Uh, you guys do know the whole point of this is to get his name in the news cycle during an election year - Bob Dole once said the most dangerous place in Washington was standing between Chuck Schumer and a camera crew. :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Precision

Post by Precision »

HTRN wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:44 pm Uh, you guys do know the whole point of this is to get his name in the news cycle during an election year - Bob Dole once said the most dangerous place in Washington was standing between Chuck Schumer and a camera crew. :ugeek:
then give him the news cycle of matching left and right bracelets on the way to an Orange Jumpsuit. If I said those things, I would be red flagged then imprisoned post haste.
I know politically connected and laws are for little people. Makes one wonder about the underpinnings of this Republic. Might be a little slippery with all those banana peels.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Precision wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:00 pmI know politically connected and laws are for little people. Makes one wonder about the underpinnings of this Republic. Might be a little slippery with all those banana peels.
Indeed, and we all of us need to do some thinking about what happens next...and to remember there are some things it don't pay to advertise. ;)
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Precision wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:00 pm then give him the news cycle of matching left and right bracelets on the way to an Orange Jumpsuit. If I said those things, I would be red flagged then imprisoned post haste.
Nothing will happen, as theyres no clear threat - it can be intepreted that they will take action politically.. Like FDR did when he threaten to pack the supreme court by expanding it to 15 justices.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I suspect that Kavanaugh at least has zero fucks left to give about anything Schumer thinks.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Rustyv

Post by Rustyv »

Does this give Schumer et al a leg to stand on if the court rules against them?

“See! Justices X, Y, and Z have a personal animosity towards someone on the opposite side of the argument, ergo they were biased and their opinion is void”

Not that they need a reason, but now they’ve got something, however weak to point to.
Welcome to the internet: Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

Dance like it hurts, Love like you need the money, Work like people are watching - Scott Adams
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

No. The supreme Court's word is final, unless they were overturned by a later Court. If it's regarding the law, Congress could change the law, but that doesn't apply here.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Jered

Post by Jered »

You'd think after the crap they pulled with his nomination that Chucky would try and have some tact.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.