Export Regulations Changing

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Netpackrat

Export Regulations Changing

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Precision

Re: Export Regulations Changing

Post by Precision »

That sounds very good making me pay the ITAR fee to produce 380 ACP was what doomed my ammo manufacturing business before it started. That trap alone sent the signal that I wouldn't want to play along.

Just wondering what the NRA had to do with it? The article did seem to just be reporting, not claiming credit, for once.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

To be fair Precision, I still think you were vastly underestimating startup costs.

The really big deal about this change to itar, isn't the fee, but the record keeping requirements, which ultimately dwarf the fee in terms of actual business cost.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Precision

Post by Precision »

I know what you are saying. I was so turned off by that tip of the iceberg. I KNEW I would have issues not wanting to rebel against that and the whole salt in the wound thing.

Glad I went in a different direction. Now I am looking to get my FFL for ease of getting guns sent for my writing stuff. Should be much less of a nightmare than ITAR.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/