Ban vending machines

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Termite

Ban vending machines

Post by Termite »

Between 2007 and 2018, 173 people were killed by mass shooters using an AR-15, according to a New York Times analysis — roughly, 15 per year. For perspective, 13 people die per year from vending machines falling on them.........
Linky

Hat tip to Pawpaw.

Also: since vending machines generally dispense "junk" foods high in sugar and fat which contribute to obesity, heart disease, and diabetes, can they be labeled as "accessories after the fact"? :lol:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
HTRN

Re: Ban vending machines

Post by HTRN »

I'm of the opinion that dime bags should be sold from from vending machines, along with machine pistols.

I wonder where that falls on their statistics.?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Precision

Post by Precision »

While I was in Japan, I found more than one vending machine (not in seedy areas) that sold size small gently used woman's panties, Sapporo beer and Saki.

Not a fan of the dime bag, but to each his own. But machine pistols. now you have my attention.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Precision wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:08 pm Not a fan of the dime bag, but to each his own. But machine pistols. now you have my attention.
Nether am i, i just see marijuana laws as ridiculous. Either we're adults and should be treated as such, or were not, and are therefore not responsible for our actions. They cant have it both ways.

Now if only pack howitzers were available on Amazon.. :twisted:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Termite

Post by Termite »

HTRN wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:26 pmNow if only pack howitzers were available on Amazon.. :twisted:
Well......you could wear this: https://www.amazon.com/Dont-make-Flamet ... 2&sr=8-45l

And carry this: https://throwflame.com/products/xl18-flamethrower
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Greg

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:26 pm
Precision wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:08 pm Not a fan of the dime bag, but to each his own. But machine pistols. now you have my attention.
Nether am i, i just see marijuana laws as ridiculous. Either we're adults and should be treated as such, or were not, and are therefore not responsible for our actions. They cant have it both ways.

Now if only pack howitzers were available on Amazon.. :twisted:
Pretty much.

There's a lot of stuff I don't particularly care for but fuck the jackboots who tell me I can't do it because they've decided what's good for me.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Termite wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:55 pm
HTRN wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:26 pmNow if only pack howitzers were available on Amazon.. :twisted:
Well......you could wear this: https://www.amazon.com/Dont-make-Flamet ... 2&sr=8-45l

And carry this: https://throwflame.com/products/xl18-flamethrower
Forget the commercial grade garbage, an M2a is where its at, just need to find a source for pyrotechnic ignitor cartridges. :twisted:

MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Yeah...I wrote about something like that many years ago when Our Founder still ran the site, some kind of "ideal-world" thread.

In my perfect world, I come home to my wife telling me I have a package from Amazon: the upgraded counterbattery radar for my pack howitzer. #DownTwoHundredAndFireForEffect 8-) :twisted:

Edit to add: the flamethrower T-shirt is not bad. I was in San Antonio for a conference this week, and picked up a Gonzales flag T-shirt while I was there.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!