Gun confiscation and violence

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Vonz90

Gun confiscation and violence

Post by Vonz90 »

MiddleAgedKen

Re: Gun confiscation and violence

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Yep. What's funny is ol' Eric "Duke Nukem" Swalwell has chimed in, apparently laboring under the impression he has some say in whom should be let have a gun. He's comedy gold.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

If you do the numbers on the number of gun owners, if only 10% resist, and a small percent of that hit what they are shooting at, the LEO industry has a lot of openings.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Precision

Post by Precision »

scipioafricanus wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:17 pm If you do the numbers on the number of gun owners, if only 10% resist, and a small percent of that hit what they are shooting at, the LEO industry has a lot of openings.
Drop it to 3%, 2%, hell even 1% and the LEO market is GONE. Especially considering the rates at which Blue Flu will happen if forced to go and forcibly confiscate.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Precision wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:30 pmDrop it to 3%, 2%, hell even 1% and the LEO market is GONE. Especially considering the rates at which Blue Flu will happen if forced to go and forcibly confiscate.
Path to citizenship for DREAMers who have the MS-13 credential endorsement....
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
g-man

Post by g-man »

MiddleAgedKen wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:50 pm
Precision wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:30 pmDrop it to 3%, 2%, hell even 1% and the LEO market is GONE. Especially considering the rates at which Blue Flu will happen if forced to go and forcibly confiscate.
That’s one way for TPTB to declare open season on themselves...

That said it appears these moonbats may actually be that crazy.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
randy

Post by randy »

MiddleAgedKen wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:50 pm
Doing the jobs Americans won't
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC (ret.) had good quotes on both of these topics.

On gun confiscation:
“In the larger sense, however, the personal ownership of firearms is only secondarily a matter of defense against the criminal. Note the following from Thomas Jefferson:

The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.

That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants.”
On violence:
“One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that ‘violence begets violence.’ I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure—and in some cases I have—that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.”
Personally, I'm all in for Kamala Harris for POTUS for 2 reasons:
1. It will be an interesting change to have a POTUS who is expert at providing rather than receiving fellatio.
2. She has made it a campaign promise to confiscate firearms by "executive fiat".

It's showtime
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe