The Bedwetting Gungrabbers Are Out In Force

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
skb12172

The Bedwetting Gungrabbers Are Out In Force

Post by skb12172 »

And boy are they loud! I won't call her a friend since I've never actually liked her, but someone I've known since high school.

After I pointed out that if you take guns away, IEDs and vehicles mowing people down are the next likely alternative, she just short-circuited. She said I was triggering her and that she wasn't interested in hearing anything because her family was just a block away from the shooting.

I apologized for triggering her with logic.

Someone else piped-in that if those other two methods were effective, why aren't they being used? I gently reminded her of the Boston Marathon bombing, Timothy McVeigh, that guy out west that mowed through a crowd in a vehicle, and a few other incidents. I also pointed out that overseas, those methods were exactly what was being used.

I was called a racist. I'm still trying to figure that one out.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Vonz90

Re: The Bedwetting Gungrabbers Are Out In Force

Post by Vonz90 »

skb12172 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:02 pm
I was called a racist. I'm still trying to figure that one out.
It means you were winning the argument. Same as when my wife has been called racist when pointing out that Obama was lying crap of a President (she is black, in case you do not get why that is preposterous.)
Jered

Post by Jered »

skb12172 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:02 pm I was called a racist. I'm still trying to figure that one out.
Everything is racist. Don't worry about it because it means absolutely nothing any more.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

does anyone have a link to that FBI uniform crime report that said the gun laws are not effective? I think Google is actively hiding it.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

On the slightly positive side, while the wife as long ago resigned herself to me having a concealed carry permit, and even started to consider getting one too; but she just didn't get why I carry everywhere I can legally all the time. Comments like, "We are just running to get a few things from the grocery store, what do you expect to happen?"

Well, I pointed out that applied to everyone in that Wal-Mart yesterday. Not saying that carrying would fix It, but if it goes down having an option besides run and hide is a plus. It seemed to click finally.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

"I was called a racist. I'm still trying to figure that one out." Easy. You were logical and concise, which translates to "racist", no matter what shade of skin you're enveloped in. "Racist" is the "go-to" response to any critical thinking......
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

That is very interesting. All I've heard on social media is that he was a white supremacist.
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Probably why they are focused on El Paso instead.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka