Just say no ...

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
D5CAV

Just say no ...

Post by D5CAV »

... to gun confiscation: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06- ... no-gun-ban

Just to bring you up on current events, Kiwi's had the misfortune to have the majority urban population elect a Kiwi version of HRC, who donned a headscarf, told the Kiwi's they had to accept more muslims and give up their guns on penalty of 5 years in federal prison.

Out of some 1.5 million guns, 530 have been turned in.

One of the pundits points out the obvious:
Buy-back is really a misnomer because the government never owned those guns in the first place.
Also pointed out is that the people get to pay the government to disarm them:
Not only will Aotearoa citizens suffer the indignity of being stripped of their guns, but they will also be taxed for the privilege. Some estimates bantered about by New Zealand lawmakers went as high as $500 million to $1 billion to pay for the confiscation scheme.
Or, as Patrick Henry stated back in 1775, they get to pay for the chains that enslave them.

This is in a country with a population of 4.7 million, about half the population of NYC, and they only have 1.5 million guns. US has a population of 330 million with an estimated 400 million guns.

As entertaining as Trump's presidency has been so far, I'm hoping Kamala Harris is our next POTUS. She has promised an executive order confiscating firearms, or as she put it, "by Presidential fiat". That should be even more entertaining.

I'll be watching the show from my lawn chair with a cooler full of beer, but I might pile a few sandbags around.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Precision

Re: Just say no ...

Post by Precision »

300-600 million guns. I know I am doing my small part to bump up the numbers.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
randy

Post by randy »

I wish I could help with those numbers but after that unfortunate boating accident. ..
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

And NZs biker gang said they wouldn’t turn in anything. Wonder if that changed any minds.
Last edited by Frankingun on Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.