North vs LaPierre

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Precision

Re: North vs LaPierre

Post by Precision »

Netpackrat wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:53 am
scipioafricanus wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:05 pm
Netpackrat wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:49 pm One thing I saw seemed to indicate that Wayne has been keeping a mistress at our expense.
Is that the "intern?"
There was a letter from Ackerman-McQueen published that was in response to the demands made in NRA’s lawsuit. In order to comply, they requested clarification on some of the items that NRA had been paying them for, one of which was the exact business relationship between NRA and some woman they had been asked to rent an apartment for.

It is probably not a good idea to declare war on one’s own pet PR firm.
too lazy to look. Does that woman have a name? Is the apartment in Kentucky or DC area?
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Wow, a mistress? That's the classic "men in power too long thing" ain't it? Kings of old accumulating wives and concubines... Goes on today by different names and not quite as openly.

if this was a leftist organization LaPierre wouldn't be out of a job. They'd make him king for life.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

blackeagle603 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:08 pm Wow, a mistress? That's the classic "men in power too long thing" ain't it? Kings of old accumulating wives and concubines... Goes on today by different names and not quite as openly.

if this was a leftist organization LaPierre wouldn't be out of a job. They'd make him king for life.
Precision wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:59 pm
Netpackrat wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:53 am
scipioafricanus wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:05 pm

Is that the "intern?"
There was a letter from Ackerman-McQueen published that was in response to the demands made in NRA’s lawsuit. In order to comply, they requested clarification on some of the items that NRA had been paying them for, one of which was the exact business relationship between NRA and some woman they had been asked to rent an apartment for.

It is probably not a good idea to declare war on one’s own pet PR firm.
too lazy to look. Does that woman have a name? Is the apartment in Kentucky or DC area?
I'm too lazy to look, too, but I did find this posted on another forum. Supposed to be the recipient of the apartment.

If I had access other people's money, I might be tempted to get myself an "intern", too.

Megan Allen.... recipient of Wayne's free apartment.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Obviously If true, he needs to go. (Maybe anyway.) Still, I will wait to hear what is real and not. The first word is usually wrong and all that.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

All WLP needed to do was let word get out that the mass mailings were really Ackerman-McQueen's idea all along, and the members would have burned down their headquarters for him.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Precision

Post by Precision »

Netpackrat wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:37 pm All WLP needed to do was let word get out that the mass mailings were really Ackerman-McQueen's idea all along, and the members would have burned down their headquarters for him.
that and the incessant tellemarketing from fake phone numbers. Scummy scam artists do that. Oh wait...
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Precision

Post by Precision »

if true and I have no reason to believe it isn't, it sure explains a LOT

money quote
Later that year, Wayne LaPierre began working for the NRA, as a lobbyist. LaPierre, a former Democratic legislative aide with little experience handling guns, was not obviously suited to a role as a firebrand. People who have spent time around him describe him as “mild,” “reserved,” “awkward,” and even “meek.” Still, he rose through the organization, and he built a close relationship with Ackerman.
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Pete Brownell has reportedly resigned from the NRA Board of Directors

Also, reportedly NRA Foundation money has been going to an organization run by LaPierre's wife that (possibly among other things) houses illegal immigrant children. This is at Arfcom and reportedly NRA related threads have been being 'disappeared' there, so sorry if the link breaks. Link
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Links disappearing and illegal shenanigans. So now it's a conspiracy? This just keeps getting better and better.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.