ERPO

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
D5CAV

ERPO

Post by D5CAV »

According to this proposed "common sense gun law", any "family or household member" or any law enforcement can decide you need an Emergency Risk Protection Order (ERPO). The ERPO is done in a "Star Chamber" with no due process. The first time you find out about the ERPO is when po-po shows up at your door with the SWAT team to collect your firearms, ammunition, etc. No notice in the mail to show-up at a hearing with your lawyer to defend your case.

https://www.rallyforourrights.com/color ... you-think/

Oh yeah, definition of "family or household member" includes just about anyone from an ex-wife to someone you rented a room to, but kicked out for unpaid rent.

If some po-po decides you have a really nice collection that can be sold for a couple of new squad cars, he could drop a dime on you as well.

This s##t is going down in Colorado, not Washington, DC.

Yeah, I know. Nobody cares.

If we are such a nation of mindless sheep, I guess I don't care anymore, either.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Jered

Re: ERPO

Post by Jered »

So, they hate the 4th and 5th now, too...
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Precision

Post by Precision »

Jered wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:14 am So, they hate the 4th and 5th now, too...
the answer is YES
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Precision

Post by Precision »

unfortunately, the ONLY way this is going to change...
Two options
elect Constitutional Sheriffs who refuse to enact it
Have lots of cops die as they are seen as home invaders and the appropriate response is taken
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
Precision

Post by Precision »

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28904

something I wrote on the topic
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

My brother’s FIL just went through this. I am not up to speed on the details so much of it doesn’t make sense yet. He’s an alcoholic and his drinking has been ramping up lately. Not sure the specifics but someone at the V.A. called about him and he got a visit from a swat team shortly thereafter. They didn’t tell his wife so she didn’t know where he was for a while. By the time she found him he was being charged with something of the domestic variety. Not sure how that’s possible without the wife saying he did something but apparently the charges were dropped after she finally got involved.

To make matters worse, CT thinks it knows all the guns we own so when they couldn’t find two rifles he recently sold, they tossed his whole house looking for them. No one thought to tell swat that the state police firearms unit is backlogged months entering paperwork submitted for firearm transfers. Not to mention the decades worth of sales and trades that occurred prior to the laws requiring transfers be authorized by the state.

Red flag laws are going to hurt a lot more people than they save.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
Precision

Post by Precision »

Durham68 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:36 am

Red flag laws are going to hurt a lot more people than they save.
Yes, but it will be mostly the right people getting hurt. The damn LEO's they hate and the gun owners they hate. Win - Win for them until we raise the black flag anyway.
Termite

Post by Termite »

Colorado Red Flag Bill Becomes Law, Sheriffs Vow Not to Enforce

I don't know about in Colorado, but in Louisiana, if a Sheriff decides not to enforce a local judge's order, it's pretty much a done deal.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

The interesting thing about the hue and cry about the sheriffs' (who are elected officials in their own right) interpreting their oaths, along with the U.S. and state constitutions, for themselves is how ahistorical it is.

The notion that only judges are allowed to interpret the law is relatively recent. From the founding of the republic, elected executive officials would make their own interpretations of the Constitutions, national and state. It was common for the President to veto laws passed by Congress based solely on the fact that he viewed them as unconstitutional.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus