Rescued Migrants Turn Pirate

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Jered

Rescued Migrants Turn Pirate

Post by Jered »

Migrants hijacked a merchant ship that rescued them off the coast of Libya and ordered it to head towards Italy, the Italian government said on Wednesday.
It's good to hang pirates. Pour encourager les autres.
But human rights groups said they were trying to escape the “hell” of detention camps in Libya and should be directed towards a safe port.
Fuck the human rights groups.
The Turkish-owned vessel was six nautical miles from the port of Tripoli when the migrants reportedly forced the 12-man crew to turn around and start sailing north.
How about the right of the owners of the ship to not have their ship stolen and the right of the crew to not be subject to high seas bandits?
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
randy

Re: Rescued Migrants Turn Pirate

Post by randy »

They needed to implement the maritime version of the 3 S's: Splash, Sharks and Shut up.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Precision

Post by Precision »

randy wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:17 am They needed to implement the maritime version of the 3 S's: Splash, Sharks and Shut up.
I would like to add something to this, but basically what he said.
That assumes they are not unarmed, so I guess they go where they are told. idiots.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Greg

Post by Greg »

Well that's a lesson in rescuing 'migrants'.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr