Proposed Constitutional Amendment

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
randy

Re: Proposed Constitutional Amendment

Post by randy »

While we're looking at neveah gonna happen nice to haves, can we require anyone holding any Federal office (elected or appointed) to resign their position if they should announce a run for President?

For that matter, make it for any Federal office holder wanting to run for another office (Congresscritter running for Senate, etc.).

I'd like to expand it to jobs like Governor, but that's not really any of the Fed's business. It should be up to the individual states if they want to pay for an AWOL Governor that mucks with state legislation to look good to the national Press. (Yes, I'm looking at you Kasich. Nice override on that gun rights veto huh? Don't let door hit you in the ass, and don't go away mad, just go away).
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Another I would like to see: if holding office and convicted of a crime, the punishment is at least double for violating the public trust.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
g-man

Post by g-man »

scipioafricanus wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:33 am Another I would like to see: if holding office and convicted of a crime, the punishment is at least double for violating the public trust.
Treble if you abused your position in furtherance of the offence...
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Precision

Post by Precision »

g-man wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:23 am
scipioafricanus wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:33 am Another I would like to see: if holding office and convicted of a crime, the punishment is at least double for violating the public trust.
Treble if you abused your position in furtherance of the offence...
here here and ban from all further public service from the moment of conviction. Including "volunteer" and lobbyist work.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/