NJ Mag Ban = Funny

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
MarkD

Re: NJ Mag Ban = Funny

Post by MarkD »

Because of COURSE a cop will arrest another cop. And the DA will prosecute the cop. And the next time I blow my nose gold coins will come out.

Some animals are more equal than others.

Because off duty cops NEED their standard capacity magazines. Because they work shifts and travel late at night (just like nurses, fire fighters, bus drivers, etc none of whom can even get a CCW). Well because they're in contact with criminals who might seek revenge (just like lawyers, and ER staff who can't even get a CCW). Well because shut up!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

That's not going to happen.

No cop is going to arrest a fellow officer in the Sam dept without getting their shut pushed on by the Chief/ Sheriff. No DA is going to attempt to prosecute a copnfor this or they'll lose all cooperation with said department.

Does everybody forget that "professional courtesy" is very real, and cops quickly get bent out of shape for those who don't follow it?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

HTRN wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:29 pm That's not going to happen.

No cop is going to arrest a fellow officer in the Sam dept without getting their shut pushed on by the Chief/ Sheriff. No DA is going to attempt to prosecute a copnfor this or they'll lose all cooperation with said department.

Does everybody forget that "professional courtesy" is very real, and cops quickly get bent out of shape for those who don't follow it?
I've mentioned before that many years ago (pre-World War 2) my Dad was a Hoboken cop. (For those who don't know, Hoboken is the city the REST of NJ points at and says "Damn, they're corrupt".) The seam of his uniform trousers had a little pocket, it was probably actually a sap pocket from the era when cops carried them, but my Dad believed, and was taught, that the purpose of the pocket was to carry a switchblade to be thrown down should they shoot someone they shouldn't have. So every cop at the time belied their official uniform pants accommodated a throw-down. And of course the other officers who weren't even there would swear on a stack of Bibles they saw their fellow officer attacked with the knife he threw down.

(For the record, my Dad knew Frank Sinatra in High School. Hated him, but there was a lot of animosity at the time between the Norwegians and the Italians.)
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Sounds like zero mags have been turned in so far.

http://reason.com/blog/2018/12/20/new-j ... seem-eager
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

MarkD wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:52 pm So every cop at the time belied their official uniform pants accommodated a throw-down. And of course the other officers who weren't even there would swear on a stack of Bibles they saw their fellow officer attacked with the knife he threw down.
I used to know alot of NYPD, that served pre serpico. The stories i could tell... Back then an honest cop was the exception, not the rule. And god forbid a minority goes hands on with a patrolman in that era, if you were lucky, you'd "only" catch a good working over with a length of rubber hose, usually on the soles of your feet, if you weren't, well, you might wind up a "frequent flier", off a building rooftop.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt