Doctors are now trying to push gun control

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
scipioafricanus

Re: Doctors are now trying to push gun control

Post by scipioafricanus »

randy wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:16 pm
scipioafricanus wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:31 am Otherwise you can use a debate, "Oh, hold on a minute. What is your Firearm Safety background? Which classes have you taken?"
This. I don't talk to a dentist about my gout, or a neurologist about my kidneys. Or my plumber about my sleep apnea. Unless you can show you are at least as qualified as I am through producing certificates of appropriate training, keep you uneducated opinion to yourself do what I'm paying you to do.

Fortunately my GP doesn't play Politically Fashionable games.

And if it comes down to it, not being under oath, and there being no relation between what tools I own and the reasons I'm going to see doctors, I have few qualms (as in as many as I would have in dealing with an interrogator in SERE school) in flat out lying to them about irrelevant issues.
"It is not a sin to tell a lie to someone who is not entitled to the truth." Tom Gresham
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

I honestly don't even see the purpose of asking, since they have no power over your ability to own them or own as many as you want. Why do they even ask?

Of course, they think they are qualified because some of them have treated gunshot wounds and it's a matter of public safety. For the children. Or something…
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
randy

Post by randy »

skb12172 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:24 pm I honestly don't even see the purpose of asking, since they have no power over your ability to own them or own as many as you want. Why do they even ask?
Well, with the trend in "Red Flag" laws, that could change. Refuse to acknowledge the God Status of his Supreme Holiness the MD? Call the cops and report the patient as "dangerous and owns firearms".

Prescribe some pain medication and, uh oh this prole has firearms. Better call the cops in case he has a reaction to side effects that make him violent 0.00001% of the time. Also, covers his butt if the patent goes violent because he prescribed the wrong stuff, mid-diagnosed, or didn't check his other meds for any problems with mixing them.

Another camel sticking it's nose under the tent.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Put all your guns into a trust...that way when he asks if you own any guns, you can honestly say No.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Seeing as how deaths due to misdiagnosis kill far more people, a counter interrogation about the Doctor’s recent continuing medical education, review of medical activities including results/consequences, and reports of that review would be in order, but I like the idea of asking about firearms safety training and instructor certifications.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
evan price

Post by evan price »

Me; Doctor, do you enjoy anal sex with your wife?

Him; that's none of your business and hardly relevant!

Me; my point exactly.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

The results of investigations of doctors’ misdiagnoses or other complaints are held in stricter secrecy than those of lawyers. Go to any state bar website and the capsule summaries under each name will include notices that some private investigation occurred, without details, through suspensions, again without details, up to disbarment, usually with details. Oddly missing for doctors.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
--Randy
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

skb12172 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:24 pm I honestly don't even see the purpose of asking, since they have no power over your ability to own them or own as many as you want. Why do they even ask?

Of course, they think they are qualified because some of them have treated gunshot wounds and it's a matter of public safety. For the children. Or something…
Well, I’m qualified to have an opinion on overreach by doctors because I’m an attorney, and before I became a lawyer I say on a jury that reached a decision in a dental malpractice case. I think there’s some sort of parity of standing to express opinions there.
E.g.:
--Randy
Precision

Post by Precision »

the last doctor visit I had, I open carried in the office. Oops.

Before that, the last doctor asked that question on his written questions. I pointed out to him that FL had made that ILLEGAL and he owed me $10K. His NRA card, carry card and pictures of his carry gun came out so fast... He made a point of showing me the new question sheet the next time I was there.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Some of them think they are qualified to do anything and everyone else is only qualified to shut up and do as told. Frankly half of them seem to run on bullshit and attitude more than ability or knowledge.