Doctors are now trying to push gun control

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Jered

Doctors are now trying to push gun control

Post by Jered »

Buzzfeed article if you can stomach the cancer.

TLDR: Doctors are pissed at the NRA criticizing them for speaking out about gun control.

There are about 1.1 million practicing physicians in the United States. 250,000 people each year die from medical malpractice.

The difference between God and a doctor is that God doesn't think he's a doctor.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Old Grafton

Re: Doctors are now trying to push gun control

Post by Old Grafton »

Same ol', same ol'. The Docs are understandably sickened by the terrible injuries but the root causes aren't the guns but the sick mindset and criminal intent of the jerks who mis-use them. As long as there are azzholes there will be carnage. We don't lock up looneys and criminals now, we pet them, soothe their egos, turn 'em loose to do more violence, etc. instead of putting 'em away like we did before Ken Kesey wrote his sob-story. Lawyers, Doctors, politicians; it's a constant circular argument and continuous festering chancre on society's ass.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

If I remember correctly, the results of when doctors are investigated are not released by the AMA. They should start releasing those files before they starting asking about something that they are not qualified on.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

My doctor just asked me this question. I was really sick and just wanted my antibiotics and to go home and rest, so rather than turn it into a big issue, I just said no. I'll be damned if I know what a case of strep has to do with being a fucking gun owner.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

"Why Doctor, I don't own 'A' firearm."
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

scipioafricanus wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:56 pm "Why Doctor, I don't own 'A' firearm."
Exactly my response....
Jered

Post by Jered »

scipioafricanus wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:56 pm "Why Doctor, I don't own 'A' firearm."
Literally my response.

I may or may not have lost them in a boating accident.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Otherwise you can use a debate, "Oh, hold on a minute. What is your Firearm Safety background? Which classes have you taken?"
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

The doctor I had back in '17 seemed sheepish and apologized for asking, I smiled and politely declined to answer, and it was on to the next bit.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
randy

Post by randy »

scipioafricanus wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:31 am Otherwise you can use a debate, "Oh, hold on a minute. What is your Firearm Safety background? Which classes have you taken?"
This. I don't talk to a dentist about my gout, or a neurologist about my kidneys. Or my plumber about my sleep apnea. Unless you can show you are at least as qualified as I am through producing certificates of appropriate training, keep you uneducated opinion to yourself do what I'm paying you to do.

Fortunately my GP doesn't play Politically Fashionable games.

And if it comes down to it, not being under oath, and there being no relation between what tools I own and the reasons I'm going to see doctors, I have few qualms (as in as many as I would have in dealing with an interrogator in SERE school) in flat out lying to them about irrelevant issues.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".