Midterm Elections 2018

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
skb12172

Midterm Elections 2018

Post by skb12172 »

I figured I would get this thread started. So far, the trend seems to be big turnout on both sides. However, I don't think the Blue Wave the snowflakes have predicted is going to happen.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Vonz90

Re: Midterm Elections 2018

Post by Vonz90 »

skb12172 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:09 pm
I figured I would get this thread started. So far, the trend seems to be big turnout on both sides. However, I don't think the Blue Wave the snowflakes have predicted is going to happen.
I hope you are right. It was looking like it would be ugly, but the Dem misplay on the SCOTUS confirmation seems like it may cost them some red state senat seats if nothing else.

It is as if violating political norms just is not a good way to protest someone who's main vulnerability to swing voters is their violation of political norms.
Jered

Post by Jered »

From what I've seen, this isn't bad as far as midterms go.

It looks like the GOP still has the senate.

Also, John McCain is dead.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

GOP actually increased their majority in the Senate.

So the Dems in the House can continue to make jackasses of themselves with a bunch of showy hearings that play to their base but will accomplish nothing - except to aggravate the people who want them to actually accomplish something to help the country. And make those people more likely to vote Trump in 2020.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Johnnyreb

Post by Johnnyreb »

I saw a news story that said there were fewer seats in the House lost this time than either Bush or Obama. But the story never said just how many seats were lost though it did say how many Bush and Obama lost.
Jered

Post by Jered »

I think the Reps lost 25 or so seats. There was less turnover than under Bush or Obama. As long as the Reps have the Senate, the Dems can't do much.

Also, John McCain has no more influence in the Senate.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Jered wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:23 amAlso, John McCain has no more influence in the Senate.
Recent events have me wondering exactly what kind of dirt it was he had on Lindsey Graham, but I think at this point some things might be better left buried.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
g-man

Post by g-man »

I got an email yesterday from the folks in the AZ voting office that my ballot is being processed. Wake up this morning to find that McSally’s lead over the tutu-sporting moonbat has nearly doubled, to a full percentage point. So .mil residents currently stationed elsewhere apparently voted overwhelmingly for the A-10 driver. Color me shocked.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

g-man wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:41 pm I got an email yesterday from the folks in the AZ voting office that my ballot is being processed. Wake up this morning to find that McSally’s lead over the tutu-sporting moonbat has nearly doubled, to a full percentage point. So .mil residents currently stationed elsewhere apparently voted overwhelmingly for the A-10 driver. Color me shocked.
Wonder why Dems always try to disenfranchise the .mil vote...
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Jered

Post by Jered »

Trump wants Pelosi as the Speaker of the House.

That will be epic.