Of course...

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Vonz90

Re: Of course...

Post by Vonz90 »

randy wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:03 am Those that can, lead.

Those that can't, manage.

Those that can't do either, micromanage.
I know what you mean, but management and leadership are totally different skill sets.
randy

Post by randy »

Agreed. I've known (a few) leaders that couldn't manage an orgy at a bordello. And a bunch of managers with little to no ability to actually lead.

To me, being a micromanager means you have no actual management skills. And I've never met or heard of a micromanager with any leadership ability.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
BDK

Post by BDK »

randy wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:04 pm Agreed. I've known (a few) leaders that couldn't manage an orgy at a bordello. And a bunch of managers with little to no ability to actually lead.
So no first-hand experience with either orgies, or bordellos, but I suspect that's actually quite a challenge... Just arranging the logistics, spacing and supply requirements, let alone managing unwanted/irregular process interactions, would be rather daunting.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Plus, there is efficiency to continue. The calorie/thrust ratio and all that...
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
randy

Post by randy »

That's why you hold it in a bordello. You outsource all those considerations to professionals...
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".