A Former Gun Advocate Writes About Getting Shot

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
skb12172

A Former Gun Advocate Writes About Getting Shot

Post by skb12172 »

Alabama raised, but Northeast schooled and works in D.C. It seems to escape her that they just as easily could have thrown a brick, hammer, or even acid through her window and hurt her just as badly, if not worse.
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... rm/568369/
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
g-man

Re: A Former Gun Advocate Writes About Getting Shot

Post by g-man »

I wasn’t actually sure what these things had taught me. So I went home.
And from there to the end of the article, the drivel continued, and our ‘heroine’ didn’t learn shit. Or, if she did, she didn’t express anything resembling a lesson learned.

Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
randy

Post by randy »

I think referring to her as a "former gun advocate" is stretching the point. It seems to me she just went along with the local culture without putting any real thought into it. A trend that seems to continue as she moved around to different local cultures.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

randy wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:40 pm I think referring to her as a "former gun advocate" is stretching the point. It seems to me she just went along with the local culture without putting any real thought into it. A trend that seems to continue as she moved around to different local cultures.
Bingo. About the only thing I read that she really advocated before getting shot, was feigning interest in hunting to impress some dude who could become her meal ticket.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop