ATF Does Something Right?

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
scipioafricanus

ATF Does Something Right?

Post by scipioafricanus »

By not supporting mental illness... who knew!?

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/atf-ge ... urchasers/
The regulations pertaining to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) at 28 CFR 25.7 require the sex of the transferee in order to conduct a firearms background check. This information is captured on the ATF Form 4473, question #6, which requires the transferee to indicate his/her sex (not gender) by checking or filling in the applicable box adjacent to “Male” or “Female”. Transferees must select either “Male” or “Female”, but cannot choose both or write in “X” regardless of what is recorded on the transferee’s identification document. If the transferee refuses to complete question #6 then the FFL may not transfer the firearm.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Netpackrat

Re: ATF Does Something Right?

Post by Netpackrat »

I'm sure it was by accident.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Lawsuit in 3, 2, 1...
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Well, sex is an Immutable (thus far) biological and genetic characteristic. You're either XX or XY (unless you're part of the tiny percentage that's XXY or XYY or some other chromosomal anomaly).

The chromosomes are what they are, and they don't change, no matter what surgery, hormones, etc are administered.

Maybe someday, medical science will be able to take the Y of the guy who's channeling Shania Twain and saying "Man, I feel like a woman" and turn that Y into a second X. But AFAIK, that's way, way way out in Sci-fi land right now.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Since when does facts have anything to do with successful lawsuits?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
BDK

Post by BDK »

HTRN wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:55 pm Since when does facts have anything to do with successful lawsuits?
Are you sure you haven't been admitted to the Bar?