9th Cicuit makes sense for a change

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
skb12172

Re: 9th Cicuit makes sense for a change

Post by skb12172 »

Sort of. Plenty of time for the full court to fuck it up.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Don't worry, that's been brought to their attention. It won't happen again.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Even a broken clock is right twice a day..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Cobar

Post by Cobar »

They must be getting chilly in Hell. Although, maybe the left is starting to see that trusting the government isn't always a good idea.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

It will get reversed en banc just like Peruta did. But maybe now we have a shot at getting it before SCOTUS. Given that Hawaii is said to be effectively no-issue, it's probably a good case for that.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Appears to be the same lead judge as in Peruta. Perhaps we can have him replace RBG once the actuarial tables catch up with her. Be amusing, if only to watch the talking heads have to try & pronounce his name... :twisted:
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
NVGdude

Post by NVGdude »

Netpackrat wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:15 am It will get reversed en banc just like Peruta did. But maybe now we have a shot at getting it before SCOTUS. Given that Hawaii is said to be effectively no-issue, it's probably a good case for that.
My analysis is the same. This case was written by the same judge who wrote Peruta. The rest of the court is rabidly anti-gun and will reverse en banc.