Kennedy Retirement

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Netpackrat

Kennedy Retirement

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Cobar

Re: Kennedy Retirement

Post by Cobar »

The antics of the "Resistance" should be interesting.
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Gene Volokh for SCOTUS!
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

And on a day when Gummint Union dues are no longer taking like how the Mafia works. Tis a great day.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

scipioafricanus wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:55 pm And on a day when Gummint Union dues are no longer taking like how the Mafia works. Tis a great day.
THIS!!!!
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

I really expected Kennedy to side with Ginsburg, Breyer, et. al in Janus vs. AFSCME. This is amazing.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

SoupOrMan wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:16 am I really expected Kennedy to side with Ginsburg, Breyer, et. al in Janus vs. AFSCME. This is amazing.
Brief poking around on the dissent, Kagan actually wrote that a reason not to change the "extortion scam" (my words) was that it would cause funding problems for unions and local government.

Wow, just wow. Imagine if they punted on segregation by saying it would be too much work.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Speaking of causing funding issues for unions, I read somewhere that there are groups planing class action suits to recover money taken from employees by the union against their will.

That could put a major crimp in their finances, since at least some of that money has probably already been spent.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Cobar wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:49 pm The antics of the "Resistance" should be interesting.
DU went into meltdown within hours of the decision..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I read elsewhere that Ginsburg’s been dead for a year, and interns have been carting her around ala Weekend at Bernie's... Image
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop