jslngauftzbi

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Johnnyreb

Re: jslngauftzbi

Post by Johnnyreb »

I sense there may be holes in our defenses.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Johnnyreb wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:28 pm I sense there may be holes in our defenses.
Yeah for sure.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Post by randy »

Hitting them as fast as I can guys
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Jered

Post by Jered »

Dammit! Who let skynet in here again?
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

randy wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:01 am Hitting them as fast as I can guys
Right, but there has to still be some setting not enabled that was keeping them from registering at the old host. Or is it just that they were able to register a shitload of new users before Bobby got the setting changed back, and we're now seeing those accounts being used? If the latter, then not sure what you can do other than what you are currently doing, besides maybe nuking all new accounts registered since the move.

If the former, then it needs to be addressed or we might as well shut it down. Last thing I want to do is bitch about how the free ice cream is provided, especially given the amount of work you guys have been putting in keeping it going lately, but the forum can't sustain this amount of spam compared to how little actual traffic we get for long before we have no legit users left who are willing to wade past it.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Netpackrat wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:07 am
randy wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:01 am Hitting them as fast as I can guys
Right, but there has to still be some setting not enabled that was keeping them from registering at the old host. Or is it just that they were able to register a shitload of new users before Bobby got the setting changed back, and we're now seeing those accounts being used? If the latter, then not sure what you can do other than what you are currently doing, besides maybe nuking all new accounts registered since the move.

If the former, then it needs to be addressed or we might as well shut it down. Last thing I want to do is bitch about how the free ice cream is provided, especially given the amount of work you guys have been putting in keeping it going lately, but the forum can't sustain this amount of spam compared to how little actual traffic we get for long before we have no legit users left who are willing to wade past it.
Yep
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Netpackrat wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:07 amIf the former, then it needs to be addressed or we might as well shut it down. Last thing I want to do is bitch about how the free ice cream is provided, especially given the amount of work you guys have been putting in keeping it going lately, but the forum can't sustain this amount of spam compared to how little actual traffic we get for long before we have no legit users left who are willing to wade past it.
Perhaps we need to post more to push the spam out.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Jered

Post by Jered »

Personal loan anyone?

LoL

I appreciate this playground in cyberspace.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

You mean we might have to (gasp) work for our free ice cream? Whadda you, some kinda Rethuglikkkan or something? :lol: (/sarc)
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Perhaps there is a way to disallow posting that contains Cyrillic characters?