jslngauftzbi

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Netpackrat

Re: jslngauftzbi

Post by Netpackrat »

Vonz90 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:27 pm
Netpackrat wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:07 am
randy wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:01 am Hitting them as fast as I can guys
Right, but there has to still be some setting not enabled that was keeping them from registering at the old host. Or is it just that they were able to register a shitload of new users before Bobby got the setting changed back, and we're now seeing those accounts being used? If the latter, then not sure what you can do other than what you are currently doing, besides maybe nuking all new accounts registered since the move.

If the former, then it needs to be addressed or we might as well shut it down. Last thing I want to do is bitch about how the free ice cream is provided, especially given the amount of work you guys have been putting in keeping it going lately, but the forum can't sustain this amount of spam compared to how little actual traffic we get for long before we have no legit users left who are willing to wade past it.
Yep
It looks like the poster of the latest spam message just signed up today, so there is still a hole that is letting them through.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Netpackrat wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:05 am
Vonz90 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:27 pm
Netpackrat wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:07 am

Right, but there has to still be some setting not enabled that was keeping them from registering at the old host. Or is it just that they were able to register a shitload of new users before Bobby got the setting changed back, and we're now seeing those accounts being used? If the latter, then not sure what you can do other than what you are currently doing, besides maybe nuking all new accounts registered since the move.

If the former, then it needs to be addressed or we might as well shut it down. Last thing I want to do is bitch about how the free ice cream is provided, especially given the amount of work you guys have been putting in keeping it going lately, but the forum can't sustain this amount of spam compared to how little actual traffic we get for long before we have no legit users left who are willing to wade past it.
Yep
It looks like the poster of the latest spam message just signed up today, so there is still a hole that is letting them through.
Maybe make it so no one is approved until a moderator approves them.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I think that's how it used to be before the move.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop