Must be a slow news day... (Bourdain)

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
g-man

Must be a slow news day... (Bourdain)

Post by g-man »

CNN front page has well over a dozen links to stories about Anthony Bourdain following his apparent suicide yesterday at age 61. Click on the US page, and Kim Kardashian's all over that gushing about how it felt to tell someone TRUMP pardoned that she's getting out of jail.

I get it, he was a good chef, and a great presenter. And suicide is a growing problem. But seriously, if that's what's leading, there's either a lot more right with the world than they (the media) are letting on, or they're actively trying to ignore something we SHOULD be hearing about (some redundancy in those points).
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Vonz90

Re: Must be a slow news day... (Bourdain)

Post by Vonz90 »

g-man wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:43 pm CNN front page has well over a dozen links to stories about Anthony Bourdain following his apparent suicide yesterday at age 61. Click on the US page, and Kim Kardashian's all over that gushing about how it felt to tell someone TRUMP pardoned that she's getting out of jail.

I get it, he was a good chef, and a great presenter. And suicide is a growing problem. But seriously, if that's what's leading, there's either a lot more right with the world than they (the media) are letting on, or they're actively trying to ignore something we SHOULD be hearing about (some redundancy in those points).
Dig around CNN (or various other lefty news and commentary sights) and you will see tons of articles pushing and celebrating assisted suicide, dignity in dying, etc... that are all saying death is a perfectly preferable choice over suffering of any kind, including mental suffering. https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/he ... e34753182/

So why aren't they celebrating his choice?
g-man

Post by g-man »

You lost me at the first 3 words "Dig around CNN..."

I typically only hit CNN if I hear there's something going on which SHOULD be national news, or as a way to headline surf and see what, in general, the leftists are pushing. I got bored eating my lunch and ended up there...

As for why they're not celebrating his choice... God only knows. Probably because they only approve of state-sanctioned, doctor-approved and assisted self-offings... this DIY shit indicates too much independence.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
randy

Post by randy »

I recognized his name only as someone who's articles on CNN never seemed worth the click to read. Which puts him ahead of whats-her-name the fashion designer I had never heard of that offed herself earlier this week.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Who?
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Suicide is almost always a saddening event for families and friends to be sure. I am more sympathetic however to Charles Krauthammer's announced impending death and it appears he is facing it with dignity.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Precision

Post by Precision »

Bourdain was a self absorbed guy who chased pleasure at all costs -- see heroin addiction.
He graduated from my Culinary School and had a good sense for food, if a bad sense for self preserving activities. Then add on top of it lefty mouthings that got stronger as he became more famous. Tempted to wish more lefties would follow his solo suicide as opposed to the non-solo suicides of many lefty active shooters. just sayin
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I suspect, that like Robin Williams, Hunter S Thompson, and other well known personalities who take their own lifem that ultimatemly the cause is Medical - Cancer, dementia, etc.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt