This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Vonz90

Fire the FBI Director

Post by Vonz90 »

scipioafricanus

Re: Fire the FBI Director

Post by scipioafricanus »

They screwed up with Dylan Roof too.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Maybe we should opt for truth in advertising, and just rename it the Federal Bureau of Incompetence.

That's not fair. They were so busy chasing imaginary Russians that they didn't have time to investigate an actual threat.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
scipioafricanus

And they think they are better than the ATF, too.
Rod

Post by Rod »

Had someone post on Facebook that we need a complete federal background check for anyone buying guns. He also wanted that connected with a federal concealed carry license. I calmly explained that the FBI wouldn't do that because it would cost tens of thousands of dollars and waste much of their precious time. Then they wouldn't be able to investigate fictitious crimes like the Russian scandal. Poor schmuck then came back and said Texas DPS questioned his neighbor when he applied for a license to carry. Luckily I wasn't drinking anything at the time.

As much as people like to think, the FBI is and always has been grossly incompetent. Their mystique was formed by Hoover when they were chasing down the Depression Era gangsters with enormous help from local police who usually found the bad guys first. They haven't changed much if you read about their most important cases.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Jered

Post by Jered »

From what I've seen about this school shooter in Florida, pretty much every government agency in the case dropped the ball. It sounds like the little shit was well known to local law enforcement because they were regularly at his house. His family also dropped the ball.

God forbid his mother kick crazy little Johnny out of the house and get a restraining order. At some point mom should have realized that she can't handle this adult any more and kicked up out. That would be mean or something. Assuming that the local authorities didn't drop the ball, a restraining order would have kept him from buying a gun. From the various accounts that I've read, this feral little shit was pretty violent around his mother, so, it shouldn't have been difficult.

He also seemed to have some sort of mental health case worker. Little Johnny is off his meds again. Ok. I'll go to court and try and get something done about him. Heaven forbid that the mental health professional Baker Act Little Johnny for a mental health evaluation so that they can figure out he's cray cray, doesn't take his meds, and should have a nice padded room.

Guess who else can Baker Act Little Johnny? If you guessed "the police" you get the fluffy doll! Seriously. Police. You've been called about Little Johnny dozens of times. Maybe you should arrest him with something...say...domestic violence. Guess what? Then he can't legally buy a gun. Oh snap!

Then the FBI dropped the ball. They can't find some guy posting stuff on the internet under his own name. Enough said.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
scipioafricanus

Jered wrote:From what I've seen about this school shooter in Florida, pretty much every government agency in the case dropped the ball. It sounds like the little shit was well known to local law enforcement because they were regularly at his house. His family also dropped the ball.

God forbid his mother kick crazy little Johnny out of the house and get a restraining order. At some point mom should have realized that she can't handle this adult any more and kicked up out. That would be mean or something. Assuming that the local authorities didn't drop the ball, a restraining order would have kept him from buying a gun. From the various accounts that I've read, this feral little shit was pretty violent around his mother, so, it shouldn't have been difficult.

He also seemed to have some sort of mental health case worker. Little Johnny is off his meds again. Ok. I'll go to court and try and get something done about him. Heaven forbid that the mental health professional Baker Act Little Johnny for a mental health evaluation so that they can figure out he's cray cray, doesn't take his meds, and should have a nice padded room.

Guess who else can Baker Act Little Johnny? If you guessed "the police" you get the fluffy doll! Seriously. Police. You've been called about Little Johnny dozens of times. Maybe you should arrest him with something...say...domestic violence. Guess what? Then he can't legally buy a gun. Oh snap!

Then the FBI dropped the ball. They can't find some guy posting stuff on the internet under his own name. Enough said.
Cops at his house 39 times.
Jered

Post by Jered »

scipioafricanus wrote: Cops at his house 39 times.
Yeah. That should be a clue.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.