TN Officer Kicked Out Of Outback Steakhouse For Being Armed While In Uniform

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
scipioafricanus

Re: TN Officer Kicked Out Of Outback Steakhouse For Being Armed While In Uniform

Post by scipioafricanus »

HTRN wrote:
skb12172 wrote:Just read the article. You can't fix this level of stupid.
:shock:
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/37420229/un ... ice-weapon
Good. If joe schmoe citizen can't carry into Outback, then neither should an officer, with the obvious exception of being there in an official capacity. Off duty in uniform? Too bad, you gotta suffer the same shithead rules as the rest of us.

Maybe then the rules will change, when the police unions start screaming bloody murder, but I doubt it.
Translate that to guns for police officers that are on the "safe/approved" list in California too.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
First Shirt

Re: TN Officer Kicked Out Of Outback Steakhouse For Being Armed While In Uniform

Post by First Shirt »

Not a big fan of Outback, but we have some friends who are, so we go there once in a while. The closest one doesn't have any sort of "No Weapons Allowed" signs, not that I would care. And, apparently, Buffalo Wild Wings is supposed to have the signs, but again, our closest one doesn't.

The worst that could happen for ignoring the signs is to be asked to leave.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

The last one I was in was back in '14 in Key West. We were there for a diving training class and one of the guys just had to have a steak so we went there during our lunch break. He goes on and on when the server gets there about how he was a t-bone and it has to be "this thick" while making hand gestures at her.

Of course he got the shittiest cut of meat in the place. it looked like the left overs of a farming accident by the time he called it quits. I optioned for the pork chop and it was decent enough.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

The best place around here for a steak is Texas Road House.

And as I've seen Texas Road House restaurants in Texas... with actual Texans dining and working there... there must be something to it.

The closest you should get to an Outback opening in Australia should be the headline "Outback Opens First Steakhouse In Australia: All Killed By Redback Spiders"
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Outback is a marketing scheme originating in Tampa..
Last edited by HTRN on Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

The founder is actually a graduate of the University of Kentucky.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

scipioafricanus wrote:Translate that to guns for police officers that are on the "safe/approved" list in California too.
Pistols approved for Peons.
Now, Please!
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Greg

Post by Greg »

SoupOrMan wrote:The best place around here for a steak is Texas Road House.

And as I've seen Texas Road House restaurants in Texas... with actual Texans dining and working there... there must be something to it.

The closest you should get to an Outback opening in Australia should be the headline "Outback Opens First Steakhouse In Australia: All Killed By Redback Spiders"
There are a couple of Texas Roadhouse locations near me. I've never been. As I recover from the flu, maybe treating myself to a steak could be a thing......

I go to look up reviews, and 'Texas Roadhouse roaches' is one of the top suggested completions. That concerns me.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Greg wrote:
I go to look up reviews, and 'Texas Roadhouse roaches' is one of the top suggested completions. That concerns me.
They aren't bad, properly prepared. Just dip them in ranch dressing or hot sauce.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Greg

Post by Greg »

First Shirt wrote:
Greg wrote:
They aren't bad, properly prepared. Just dip them in ranch dressing or hot sauce.
But I don't like ranch dressing or hot sauce. ;)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr