More Wichita Police Screwups

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
skb12172

More Wichita Police Screwups

Post by skb12172 »

Try and shoot Fido, miss and hit little girl in forehead.

A different article said the "charging dog" was a small, Benji-sized terrier."

Jesus, Joseph, and Mary... :roll:

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Bullet ... 49153.html
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
308Mike

Re: More Wichita Police Screwups

Post by 308Mike »

Where'd you get the info the dog was a "small Benji-sized terrier"?? Apparently, today's cops REALLY need to be acclimated to various sized dogs, and learn some dog behaviors so they can make an educated decision to shoot or not shoot because you don't need to AUTOMATICALLY shoot every single dog that charges you!! I've had several large dogs and am not afraid of them, which is why I didn't shoot a mid-sized dog which charged me while I was approaching its property even though my partner was screaming at me to shoot it (and a neighbor across the street was screaming: "NO, NO, NO, DON'T SHOOT!!!"). Once I saw the dog lock his front legs I knew he was done charging and I no longer had a reason to shoot even though my front sight was right between the dog's eyes. But I knew and understood dogs, and had LOTS of experience with large dogs (my first large dog was a 120 lbs Doberman when I was 16).

Remove the fear aspect and educate the officers, and you'll see less canine shootings (the officers won't be so panicked to want to shoot first and see the dog's intentions first). Personally, I'd feel uch better about shooting and killing a dog that was biting me rather than killing one by mistake or that didn't need to be killed (of course, there are LOTS of factors into making the decision on whether or not you're going to shoot, including dog breed, past history, foaming at the mouth, any attacks prior to your arrival, etc., etc.).

If you're so afraid of dogs that you shoot a Shih Tzu, I think that perhaps police work might not be for you.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Termite

Post by Termite »

308Mike wrote:If you're so afraid of dogs that you shoot a Shih Tzu, I think that perhaps police work might not be for you.
^ This. ^
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Maybe they should issue the police ass-less chaps. Then they'd only need to fear dogs big enough to bite above that. And if they get bit in the ass, they just deserve it for lacking situational awareness.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Rich

Post by Rich »

Issue the dogs security badges so the issue may be negotiated at a professional level. :roll:
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964