California Prosecuting Man Over Facebook Post

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Jered

California Prosecuting Man Over Facebook Post

Post by Jered »

Yeah, California is fucked.

Some dude made offensive comments on a CAIR page. CAIR got butthurt.

CAIR whined. Now they're prosecuting.

Volokh article. There's links to the court case and such, too.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
308Mike

Re: California Prosecuting Man Over Facebook Post

Post by 308Mike »

Jered wrote:Yeah, California is fucked.

Some dude made offensive comments on a CAIR page. CAIR got butthurt.

CAIR whined. Now they're prosecuting.

Volokh article. There's links to the court case and such, too.
Yeah, we already knew Commiefornia is fucked - and when CA loses in court, I HOPE they sue the living crap out of the prosecutors for 1st Amendment rights issues/violations.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Don't forget that the new senator from California wanted to do the same thing, and she wants to be President.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Phuk Kalifornia!
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

They are in the midst of doing it to themselves. Just wondering how much longer before they really start to implode, with all the businesses and people fleeing the state.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

skb12172 wrote:Phuk Kalifornia!
Don't forget there are a HUGE NUMBER of CA residents who hate the Leftists policies and despise the Dhimmicrap party - and almost EVERYONE outside the large cities voted against big government and their planks. Not EVERYONE is a lost cause (myself included)!!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Saw a sign at a Uhaul lot last week in Phoenix. Reduced rates on trucks going to California.

Sounds to me like they need to relocate trucks to move people out of K.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
BDK

Post by BDK »

Eh, Yes/No/Maybe.

A) Libel and Slander laws still apply - that Yelp/Google/etc have been given a pass on responsibility for publishing, without a legal figleaf, is bizarre, and a serious issue.

B) It will depend on what level of harassment he tried. He was clearly just harassing them - and its no different than if he kept calling someone an insulting them.

Its legally interesting, really. Depends, I suspect, on if he tried to circumvent any restrictions on his postings/how public/private a political organization's FB page is, etc.

Legally, what he did was no different than if he followed a woman around on the street, screaming "C*NT!" at her, over, and over again.

The issue becomes more where Society has broken down to the point that the state didn't have to interfere in a man's speech, because society would. Or, in the online case, where Society has yet to fully develop the means for dealing with such vermin.