Ron Johnson is an idiot

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
User avatar
Vonz90
Active Shooter
Posts: 3018
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:05 pm

Ron Johnson is an idiot

Postby Vonz90 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:24 pm

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-1 ... d-tax-bill

Pass through corporations don't pay taxes, they are already preferred. Regular corporate entities pay twice, once at a corporate level and again as dividends.

User avatar
Windy Wilson
Active Shooter
Posts: 4633
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:32 am

Re: Ron Johnson is an idiot

Postby Windy Wilson » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:28 am

Also LLC's are taxed like Partnerships, which is to say they are taxed once the earnings are passed to the members.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy

User avatar
scipioafricanus
Loose Cannon
Posts: 869
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:08 pm

Re: Ron Johnson is an idiot

Postby scipioafricanus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:24 pm

He is the same goof that let Hillary walk all over him when she testified in front of Congress.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka

User avatar
Vonz90
Active Shooter
Posts: 3018
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Ron Johnson is an idiot

Postby Vonz90 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:12 am

Well it looks like he voted yes to get it out of committee and is signaling that he will vote yes (although he has not said that yet).

Frigging idiot.

Just for reference, I do not think it is a perfect bill, but the corporate tax reduction is extremely important and I would rather they do that and not cut my taxes at all (which they are not cutting much anyway).

User avatar
blackeagle603
Probably Unemployed
Posts: 8963
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:13 am
Location: SoCal
Contact:

Re: Ron Johnson is an idiot

Postby blackeagle603 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:23 am

Yeah, would love to get back to Bush era tax rate but a) just getting corp tax rates down and b) getting repatriation tax window opened up for the Billions being held offshore will be huge, YUGE for the economy.

Seeing the death tax bar moved up is a good thing. Seeing death of AMT is a good thing too. I occasionally get a hit being in such a high income tax state and with the occasional bonus stock type thing that can't be timed out gracefully.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story

User avatar
Vonz90
Active Shooter
Posts: 3018
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Ron Johnson is an idiot

Postby Vonz90 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:36 pm


Greg
Probably Unemployed
Posts: 8061
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:15 pm
Location: MO

Re: Ron Johnson is an idiot

Postby Greg » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:35 pm

Vonz90 wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/28/us/politics/republican-victory-may-rest-once-again-with-mccain-this-time-on-taxes.html

Yes, McCain is an idiot too.


He goes well beyond 'idiot'.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr

User avatar
Netpackrat
Probably Unemployed
Posts: 12200
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:04 am
Location: Anchorage, AK

Re: Ron Johnson is an idiot

Postby Netpackrat » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:11 am

Asshole needs to just croak already.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop

Greg
Probably Unemployed
Posts: 8061
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:15 pm
Location: MO

Re: Ron Johnson is an idiot

Postby Greg » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:57 am

Netpackrat wrote:Asshole needs to just croak already.


He seems to exist for the sole purpose of preventing his constituents from getting what they want.

And they love that shit. They eat it with a spoon.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr

User avatar
Vonz90
Active Shooter
Posts: 3018
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Ron Johnson is an idiot

Postby Vonz90 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:31 pm

Greg wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:Asshole needs to just croak already.


He seems to exist for the sole purpose of preventing his constituents from getting what they want.

And they love that shit. They eat it with a spoon.


He is still an idiot, but at least it looks like he supporting the tax bill. So, blind squirrel finds a nut (is a nut?)

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/30/mccain- ... ssage.html

User avatar
Vonz90
Active Shooter
Posts: 3018
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Ron Johnson is an idiot

Postby Vonz90 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:18 pm

Well it passed the Senate with one vote to spare.

It is not a perfect bill, but to those who say there is no difference between the Dems and the GOP, when was the last tax cut to come out of a Dem controlled congress.?

User avatar
Steamforger
On a list somewhere
Posts: 2715
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:41 pm

Re: Ron Johnson is an idiot

Postby Steamforger » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:47 pm

I'm unhappy about losing a $2500 deduction every year. I hope the increased individual exemption will offset that loss, but it makes the increase for the individual exemption much less effective in my case. This bill is also extremely unfriendly to anyone still trying to get an education. A friend is a PhD candidate at Baylor CoM and the tuition she doesn't pay because she is a researcher in her department is now considered taxable income.

Greg
Probably Unemployed
Posts: 8061
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:15 pm
Location: MO

Re: Ron Johnson is an idiot

Postby Greg » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:30 am

Steamforger wrote:I'm unhappy about losing a $2500 deduction every year. I hope the increased individual exemption will offset that loss, but it makes the increase for the individual exemption much less effective in my case. This bill is also extremely unfriendly to anyone still trying to get an education. A friend is a PhD candidate at Baylor CoM and the tuition she doesn't pay because she is a researcher in her department is now considered taxable income.


Eliminating hidden subsidies directed at our fifth column enemies of civilization, aka the higher ed industry.

Can't say I feel too bad about that.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr

User avatar
Steamforger
On a list somewhere
Posts: 2715
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:41 pm

Re: Ron Johnson is an idiot

Postby Steamforger » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:16 pm

Greg wrote:
Steamforger wrote:I'm unhappy about losing a $2500 deduction every year. I hope the increased individual exemption will offset that loss, but it makes the increase for the individual exemption much less effective in my case. This bill is also extremely unfriendly to anyone still trying to get an education. A friend is a PhD candidate at Baylor CoM and the tuition she doesn't pay because she is a researcher in her department is now considered taxable income.


Eliminating hidden subsidies directed at our fifth column enemies of civilization, aka the higher ed industry.

Can't say I feel too bad about that.


Well, as long as we sacrifice those of us who went through, or are going through, that system and coming out normal I guess it'll be worth it. Maybe you could call the IRS and let them know I can have $2500 of your deductions. That'd be great.

ETA- I haven't seen anything that would prevent this from applying to trade school loan payments as well. So, take that for what it's worth.

Greg
Probably Unemployed
Posts: 8061
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:15 pm
Location: MO

Re: Ron Johnson is an idiot

Postby Greg » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:29 am

Steamforger wrote:
Greg wrote:
Steamforger wrote:I'm unhappy about losing a $2500 deduction every year. I hope the increased individual exemption will offset that loss, but it makes the increase for the individual exemption much less effective in my case. This bill is also extremely unfriendly to anyone still trying to get an education. A friend is a PhD candidate at Baylor CoM and the tuition she doesn't pay because she is a researcher in her department is now considered taxable income.


Eliminating hidden subsidies directed at our fifth column enemies of civilization, aka the higher ed industry.

Can't say I feel too bad about that.


Well, as long as we sacrifice those of us who went through, or are going through, that system and coming out normal I guess it'll be worth it. Maybe you could call the IRS and let them know I can have $2500 of your deductions. That'd be great.

ETA- I haven't seen anything that would prevent this from applying to trade school loan payments as well. So, take that for what it's worth.


Yet another reason why any entitlement of any kind, ever, can never be reduced or eliminated.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr

User avatar
Vonz90
Active Shooter
Posts: 3018
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Ron Johnson is an idiot

Postby Vonz90 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:51 am

Steamforger wrote:I'm unhappy about losing a $2500 deduction every year. I hope the increased individual exemption will offset that loss, but it makes the increase for the individual exemption much less effective in my case. This bill is also extremely unfriendly to anyone still trying to get an education. A friend is a PhD candidate at Baylor CoM and the tuition she doesn't pay because she is a researcher in her department is now considered taxable income.


I would not have a issue if they raised my taxes a bit to get the lower corporate rate. That is just killing growth.

BDK
Trigger Junkie
Posts: 1284
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:14 am

Re: Ron Johnson is an idiot

Postby BDK » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:20 am

The correct answer is cut spending... No one's taxes need to go up. No governmental body* has a revenue issue, in the US.

*OK, some dying towns might.


Return to “Politics, Law, and Justice”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests