Keep Hands off our culture

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Jered

Keep Hands off our culture

Post by Jered »

It's satire gold...without the satire.
When a Native American woman slammed a Black woman’s appropriation of her culture, Black Twitter users immediately took issue with the memo.

The back-and-forth began when a woman named Cheyanne tweeted a PSA Monday, Aug. 7 slamming a photo of rapper Omerettà The Great posing in a costume likened to Pocahontas.
The comments are either pure cancer or hilarious.
Last edited by Jered on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Kommander

Re: Keep Hands off our culture

Post by Kommander »

The link is not working, and I was looking forwards to this one too.
Jered

Post by Jered »

Hmm. Try it now.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

So, where's the line? I'm half Greek, other is German and English. If I make lasagna and post a pic am I guilty of cultural appropriation wrongthink?
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
randy

Post by randy »

Frankingun wrote:So, where's the line? I'm half Greek, other is German and English. If I make lasagna and post a pic am I guilty of cultural appropriation wrongthink?
Well, if you're part Greek, the Romans already appropriated your culture. :ugeek:

If you're German (or English for that matter), odds are that you have some cousins in Italy .... :twisted:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Frankingun, DOUBLE plus ungood badthink as a matter of fact.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

Windy Wilson wrote:Frankingun, DOUBLE plus ungood badthink as a matter of fact.
I am ashamed. :cry:
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Piffle - inferior cultures are meant to be rolled over with the good bits stolen and the bad bits mocked. That is how cultures improve.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Vonz90 wrote:Piffle - inferior cultures are meant to be rolled over with the good bits stolen and the bad bits mocked. That is how cultures improve.
Amen!

Every culture steals anything that they can file the serial numbers off of. If you aren't adding stuff (that you probably stole) then you're dying out.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Well, if you're part Greek, the Romans already appropriated your culture.
Yeah well, to be fair, the Romans at least were kind enough to share with the Greeks some of the bounty of vowels stolen from their conquests. The Italians have so many vowels they just drop them everywhere, at the end of every name, added to words for effect where none need exist, yadda, yadda, mangia bene!

I maintain it's the shortage of vowels left by Roman conqueors that created the consonant rich regions to the north and in the Balkans. That has led to much unhappiness and unrest through the centuries. It's not tribalism that's the Balkan and Eastern European problem. At the root of it is vowel appropriation by the Italians and the resulting vowel/consonant inequity left throughout the Roman empire.

Stop Vowel Appropriation! Tear down a monument to a Roman Conqueror! Remove any signs of Roman occupation, fill in any archaeological sites in your cities from the Roman era.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story