Minn police shooting....

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Vonz90

Minn police shooting....

Post by Vonz90 »

.... yeah, I've got nothing on this? Random guess, she was hysterical and he shot her because reasons....

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... erence.php
Jered

Re: Minn police shooting....

Post by Jered »

WTF Minnesota?
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

On Saturday evening Minneapolis police officer Mohamed Noor shot Justine Damond in the alley behind her home in south Minneapolis.
Damond is said by her fiancé to have called the police to investigate a possible sexual assault in progress outside their home. She emerged in her pajamas to speak to the arriving officers. No one has yet offered any possible explanation for Ms. Damond’s shooting.
Scantily clad Australian trollop offended his sensibilities...
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

Um... He was in the passenger seat of the cruiser, she was on the driver's side talking to his partner when he leaned over and shot her multiple times.

Say what?

Really curious what the partner has to say. Interesting there's been a news blackout on this case - not everyone is equal before the law. Or the press, or statements to said press from government officials.

This one really stinks and I can't see it ending well.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Scuttlebutt seems to have it that Ofc. Noor is denying any sort of negligent discharge, so unless he's going to argue that he had a 'runaway gun' (which I've seen in a semi-auto pistol with a broken sear, but it requires the trigger to be pulled first), he would have to argue that he somehow identified Ms. Damond as a threat.

I would think that would be a tough argument to make, since his partner, in the driver's seat, was literally at bad breath distance and didn't seem to perceive any threat.

Of course, the victim is white and the officer is black, so the usual BLM suspects will ignore it. In fact, since the officer in question is of a double (or triple) favored "protected class (black Somali immigrant, and presumably Muslim), I'm going to guess that the powers that be will ignore it as much as possible. The mayor of Minneapolis is already being notably silent.

It is also worth noting that the officer has two pending complaints against him. And Tamara points out another warning sign:
No, big red flag is that he was a grown man with a college degree and an apparently reasonably successful career in property management who decided, in his thirties, to drop it all to go be the police. There are two kinds of people who do that, and one is a disaster waiting to happen.

As one LEO put it on Facebook:
"I question the fuck out of people who have the ability to work a cush ass white collar job but instead make 38K starting pay to referee people's marriages."
Policing is generally something folks get into because they knew they always wanted to as a kid, or because it's a reasonably easy gig to land getting out of the military. It's the ones who suddenly decided in their thirties that they wanted to drop everything and be Batman and a Force For Good that worry me.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

This one seems like big bullshit. Was the ossifer scared of a beautiful woman? Then I guess it is ok according to other cases.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

This shit is epidemic in Minnesota in recent months. Many similar cases.

Of course, NPR and the Aussie press are trying to make it a gun control issue. Because of a wrongdul shooting by a cop. Advance the narrative at all cost.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... -australia
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Rich

Post by Rich »

She was from Oz, he wasn't(Somalia?). I can hear her saying something that no one would think unusual Down Under, but would be considered racist in either Somalia or here. Which may point to anger management issues. :?
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

Having legitimate,grounded and reasonable fears from time to time is one thing that helps keep you alive in that job. This scaredy cat kinda unreasonable fear shit has gotta stop. On a side note, one time I was driving the patrol car while still on probation when my FTO decided to check my revolver as he was seated in the passenger seat. He opened the cylinder and shook out the .357 mag shells and set them on the console. Then he took aim between his feet at the floor and pulled the trigger. The second time he did that it went off since he had only shaken out 5 of the 6 shells. Windows were up. Talk about making my ears ring! The bullet went through the floor, hit the concrete and bounced up, killing the front tire. Just then the radio called to send us somewhere. He got some days off for that one.
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

The fact they didn't turn on their body cams sure seems to give a premeditated feel to this to me.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop