Does the revolution begin in Oregon?

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
MarkD

Re: Does the revolution begin in Oregon?

Post by MarkD »

scipioafricanus wrote:
MarkD wrote:
g-man wrote: Let me make sure I'm unpacking that correctly:

Guy got guns confiscated. Not because of anything he did other than being siblings with someone who was going through a divorce? Come and take MY guns because my BROTHER'S soon to be EX says HE might get one from me?

F*ck that. Sideways, with a rusty chainsaw running on nitromethane.

Wow.
Yes, that's exactly what happened.

Welcome to New Jersey.
So depending on how much they all cost, how is that not felony theft?
It's not theft when the government does it.

What, you think subjects, er, citizens of NJ have a right to own guns, or any property for that matter?
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

skb12172 wrote:Have everything elsewhere, except for your immeduate carry items. Never answer the door for the police. They can leave a card and I will call them back.That's the way I've done it when being served divorce papers, etc.

Have backups for your carry items elsewhere. Two is one, one is none.
Hence the need for registration of firearms, they know what you've got, they'll trash your entire house looking for it, and when they don't find it they'll do their best to figure out where it is (or jail you for refusing to tell them).
g-man

Post by g-man »

MarkD wrote:
skb12172 wrote:Have everything elsewhere, except for your immeduate carry items. Never answer the door for the police. They can leave a card and I will call them back.That's the way I've done it when being served divorce papers, etc.

Have backups for your carry items elsewhere. Two is one, one is none.
Hence the need for registration of firearms, they know what you've got, they'll trash your entire house looking for it, and when they don't find it they'll do their best to figure out where it is (or jail you for refusing to tell them).

Thankfully, since I'll still be active duty the entire time I'm living there, I don't fall under the definition of 'firearms importer', so I have to tell CA DoJ exactly zero. Were I to retire there and stay there, I'd then have to cough up the list. Fat chance any of that happens.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

g-man wrote:Were I to retire there and stay there, I'd then have to cough up the list. Fat chance any of that happens.
Plus, I'd be questioning your sanity. :D
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D