At the base of Trump's support.

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Darrell

Re: At the base of Trump's support.

Post by Darrell »

scipioafricanus wrote:
Darrell wrote:
Libertarian presidential nominee Gary Johnson has apologized after he accepted a gift Sunday from rival Austin Petersen — a replica of George Washington’s flintlock pistol — before tossing it in the garbage.

Mr. Petersen tearfully presented Mr. Johnson with the pistol as a symbol of party unity during the Libertarian Party convention in Orlando, Florida, Fox News reported.

“You have my sword, and you have my gun,” he said, as the nominee accepted the gift.

Fox News reported that Mr. Johnson then “unceremoniously chucked it in the garbage can.”

News of the incident started as a rumor on social media before both Mr. Johnson and Mr. Petersen confirmed it to Fox News Wednesday.

“It’s a very prized possession of mine,” Mr. Petersen lamented. “You don’t expect to get slighted like that.”
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... s-gift-of/
Wow, what a douche.
I'm surprised the story didn't get more traction at the time. Johnson is out as far as I'm concerned.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

What has this country come to, that there isn't one redacted redacted motherredacting adult to run for what is supposed to be the highest office in the land?

Edit to add: I was thinking of getting a new Betsy Ross flag to fly from the porch, because I decline to pledge allegiance to the government for which the 50-star flag presently stands (and my Culpeper Minute Men flag scares the neighbors, if it even survived the move). I'm thinking now that the Pine Tree Flag would be more appropriate in the circumstances.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

MiddleAgedKen wrote:Edit to add: I was thinking of getting a new Betsy Ross flag to fly from the porch, because I decline to pledge allegiance to the government for which the 50-star flag presently stands (and my Culpeper Minute Men flag scares the neighbors, if it even survived the move). I'm thinking now that the Pine Tree Flag would be more appropriate in the circumstances.
Recently, I purchased a new 1st National Flag for much the same reasons. The 1st National doesn't have the connotations associated with Bobby Lee's battle flag. I'll fly it when I protest. I figure it will confuse the idiots and send a strong message of non-approval, at least to those who are historically literate.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Oh, and I note for the record that while perusing the various news sites this morning, it appears that the steady drip, drip, drip of the various Hillary scandals is starting to erode support for the dowager of Chappaqua. This CNN host was stunned when she asked a fact-checker to "check this on the fly" and he verified that Hillary, et al, destroyed evidence with hammers.

https://www.facebook.com/westernjournal ... 199367535/
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

PawPaw wrote:
MiddleAgedKen wrote:Edit to add: I was thinking of getting a new Betsy Ross flag to fly from the porch, because I decline to pledge allegiance to the government for which the 50-star flag presently stands (and my Culpeper Minute Men flag scares the neighbors, if it even survived the move). I'm thinking now that the Pine Tree Flag would be more appropriate in the circumstances.
Recently, I purchased a new 1st National Flag for much the same reasons. The 1st National doesn't have the connotations associated with Bobby Lee's battle flag. I'll fly it when I protest. I figure it will confuse the idiots and send a strong message of non-approval, at least to those who are historically literate.
Of course there are plenty of those who fly the Confederate battle flag who says they do so to honor those who served in the war without reference to the cause they served, which is why they do not fly the Confederate national flag. So in flying it, by that logic, you are supporting that cause.

For me, meh, there is nothing about the Confederacy that I want to be associated with.
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

PawPaw wrote:
The First National is the flag of victory. :-)
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

MiddleAgedKen wrote:What has this country come to, that there isn't one redacted redacted motherredacting adult to run for what is supposed to be the highest office in the land?
Because of modern mass media, and the political process, the system more or less weeds out sane, well adjusted human beings. What then winds up running for office is Sociopaths, we just wind up voting for the ones who hide it better. This isn't new. I suspect that it's gone on at least since the 1880s when Hurst got his publishing empire.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Darrell wrote:
scipioafricanus wrote:
Wow, what a douche.
I'm surprised the story didn't get more traction at the time. Johnson is out as far as I'm concerned.
Dang. An even bigger bunch of shitbags than I had imagined. Fuck anybody who votes for them.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop