More LEOs Behaving Badly

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
D5CAV

More LEOs Behaving Badly

Post by D5CAV »

This time the US taxpayers got to pay out $500k so that some lesbo LEOs could have their way with a woman: https://www.sovereignman.com/trends/us- ... ina-20033/

I've gotten selected for "random screening" as well. Lucky for me, that just meant I had to run about 1km through the airport to catch the flight that I arrived almost 3 hours early for.

Two LEOs grabbed my arms on either side and demanded my wallet, passport and tickets.

One LEO was barking orders at me and threatening me with handcuffs, the other whispered apologetically "don't worry, be cool and it will be over soon".
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
First Shirt

Re: More LEOs Behaving Badly

Post by First Shirt »

Tom Kratman had an observation about this:
Indeed, my personal suspicions concerning why we’ve been seeing so many unjustifiable police shootings, of late, is that we’ve let into law enforcement too many people who have no business being cops, in good part because we allow to retire far too early those few men who are suitable to be cops.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

"Retire to early". What they hell is he proposing, keeping them there at gun point? Reducing the retirement benifit would only make it even more difficult to hire good quality officers.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I think the main reason this is a "thing" now is the ubiquity of pocket size recording devices, the internet, and media seeking out these stories because they are pushing an agenda. IOW, the only thing really new is the level of scrutiny.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Kommander wrote:"Retire to early". What they hell is he proposing, keeping them there at gun point? Reducing the retirement benifit would only make it even more difficult to hire good quality officers.
He's talking about the standard 25 years and out with huge retirement pension and bennies that make it more lucrative to retire than continue working. I have a friend who is two years younger than me. At 20, he became a cop in a peaceful little town in NJ. He retired at 45. He now gets 60K a year and bennies galore.
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

I've seen that...go to work for one department, retire, then go to work for another department.
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

I think the root problem is touched on in NPR's thread: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=27193

This is another example of another BS regulations to keep the peasantry in line. At some point, someone will have to enforce this regulation, and that task will be delegated to some LEO.

It's not that LEOs are bad people, it's that they are tasked with enforcing laws, 90% of which are BS regulations. Those laws and regulations serve to keep the peasantry knowing how to properly obey their "betters", but don't help out us peasants that much.

Although LEOs are mostly drawn from the peasantry, their allegiance, is to the hands that feed them.

Unfortunately, if they forget their "roots", when the peasants have had enough, the ropes won't discriminate between them and their overlords.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

This is a Massachusetts law, so not as far reaching as NPR's example, however, the concept is the same: http://investmentwatchblog.com/10-days- ... ted-felon/
Anyone who purchased one of these very common firearms (the 10/22 is a favorite .22 of the Boy Scouts) since 1998 committed a felony according to AG Maura Healy, and is committing a felony still by possessing it. The punishment for this crime is 10 YEARS IN PRISON.

She has stated that because she is a nice lady she will not prosecute anyone who purchased one before 7/20/16, the day she issued her “guidance”, but at the same time reserved the right to change her mind in the future.
The AG is the chief LEO of the State of Massachusetts. So what are all the LEOs in the MSP going to do? Refuse to enforce the law? Get fired? Lose their golden pensions?

Right now, it's young urban black gangbangers getting killed by LEOs for the crime of possessing mind altering chemicals that are not being taxed by the BATF. Rightly or wrongly, we are starting to see some blowback from that in places like Dallas and Baton Rouge.

Ask yourself what you will do when it becomes old white codgers with Ruger 10/22s who are getting killed by LEOs for "resisting arrest"?

Concord and Lexington are now pussified and yuppiefied suburbs of Boston, so don't expect a replay of 1775.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

rightisright wrote:
Kommander wrote:"Retire to early". What they hell is he proposing, keeping them there at gun point? Reducing the retirement benifit would only make it even more difficult to hire good quality officers.
He's talking about the standard 25 years and out with huge retirement pension and bennies that make it more lucrative to retire than continue working. I have a friend who is two years younger than me. At 20, he became a cop in a peaceful little town in NJ. He retired at 45. He now gets 60K a year and bennies galore.
I don't know if it's still done, but double-dipping used to be a thing in the NYC departments, for instance join the fire department at 20, retire at 40, join the police department, retire again at 60, get two pensions. Likewise was done with MTA (bus/subway) and Sanitation. Plus, in all cases pension amounts were determined by average of last three years pay, including overtime, and the shop steward decided who got overtime, so short-timers pulled TONS of OT. Case in point was a bus-driver I knew, he'd make TWO bus runs of an hour each, ten hours apart, get paid for 12 hours, four of which was time-and-a-half because it was OT. Unless it was a weekend or holiday, then the WHOLE thing was double-time, so he'd actually work for two hours and get paid for 24. Year after year in NYC the highest paid NYC employee is either a bus-driver or subway operator, usually bringing in somewhere around 250K.
Jered

Post by Jered »

Here's a story with less hyperbole.

She got a bunch of money from the hospital and a bunch of money from the feds.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.