FBI recommends no charges against Clinton

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
HTRN

Re: FBI recommends no charges against Clinton

Post by HTRN »

D5CAV wrote: True.

History tells us there is only one way this changes.

When it changes, history tells us the bright, shining period of freedom only lasts for 100 or 200 years.
Bullshit.

This kind of stuff was happening five minutes after the ink was dry on the constitution. It just that now, we actually here about it, because of media saturation.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

I was sincerely hoping someone would ask Comey, under oath, if he was under duress when he made the "No reasonable prosecutor...." comments/decision. I would have loved to see that.
martini

Post by martini »

So, has anyone noticed that the State dept has opened an investigation into Clinton now? What the hell is that about? It seems pretty clear she's not going down for this, so why bother?
Justice Sotomayor, States may have grown accustomed to violating the rights of American citizens, but that does not bootstrap those violations into something that is constitutional. — Alan Gura
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

martini wrote:So, has anyone noticed that the State dept has opened an investigation into Clinton now? What the hell is that about? It seems pretty clear she's not going down for this, so why bother?
Political theater to quiet us rowdy "rule of law" types. If they stretch it out long enough, we'll become outraged by the next scandal and forget this one. Played right, they'll always keep us under our boiling point and we'll never do anything about it.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
randy

Post by randy »

martini wrote:So, has anyone noticed that the State dept has opened an investigation into Clinton now? What the hell is that about? It seems pretty clear she's not going down for this, so why bother?
So at some favorable point in the news cycle before the election they can issue an exoneration of the former SecState
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Mises.org: Abolish the FBI - RTWT
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

This whole thing really rankles with me because I have a friend who spent time in jail because the judge herself said something along the lines of "there was clearly no malicious intent here, no intent to violate the law, but..." and that was that. That opinion only meant he got a comparatively light sentence. You or I step afoul of the law, and The Law Is The Law. But to use Hillary's own words, some people are just too big to jail.
BDK

Post by BDK »

And, if that were true, its when you end up w. star chambers, and death squads, and the mix of insanity and outright courage that has been Italy's fight against the mafia over the last 30 years, or so...

What we have, is a pervasive rot, and the need to flush the damn toilet that is DC - none of those POS are actually that powerful.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

A different political faction wants some leverage, so they start another investigation, which will be quietly dropped after she has a closed door meeting. Considering it's coming from state, my guess is its the old money, new England wing of the dnc, of which, the state department is their playground.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
martini

Post by martini »

HTRN wrote:
A different political faction wants some leverage, so they start another investigation, which will be quietly dropped after she has a closed door meeting. Considering it's coming from state, my guess is its the old money, new England wing of the dnc, of which, the state department is their playground.
to be fair, she and Bill have never been their type of people.
Justice Sotomayor, States may have grown accustomed to violating the rights of American citizens, but that does not bootstrap those violations into something that is constitutional. — Alan Gura