2016 Obama administration orders / BATF guidance on firearms

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Rod

Re: 2016 Obama administration orders / BATF guidance on fire

Post by Rod »

I've had people poopoo my idea that the ATF is going to start using the "two guns as a dealer" criteria as a way to get people online, then refuse to issue FFLs OR issue FFLs so they can "visit" any time. Someone said he was a FFL holder and the ATF have to set up a time and date to inspect your shop. If I remember correctly, they can come in any time and do spot checks on your papers.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Rod wrote:I've had people poopoo my idea that the ATF is going to start using the "two guns as a dealer" criteria as a way to get people online, then refuse to issue FFLs OR issue FFLs so they can "visit" any time. Someone said he was a FFL holder and the ATF have to set up a time and date to inspect your shop. If I remember correctly, they can come in any time and do spot checks on your papers.
It has to be during regular business hours. So I suggest that your regular business hours are by appointment only. Looks like the only days I have free for the next 3 years are all Saturday afternoons.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

JAG2955 wrote:
Rod wrote:I've had people poopoo my idea that the ATF is going to start using the "two guns as a dealer" criteria as a way to get people online, then refuse to issue FFLs OR issue FFLs so they can "visit" any time. Someone said he was a FFL holder and the ATF have to set up a time and date to inspect your shop. If I remember correctly, they can come in any time and do spot checks on your papers.
It has to be during regular business hours. So I suggest that your regular business hours are by appointment only. Looks like the only days I have free for the next 3 years are all Saturday afternoons.
There's a local guy who's by appt only. I wonder if that's why?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
NVGdude

Post by NVGdude »

Aesop wrote:
ATF is finalizing a rule to ensure that dealers who ship firearms notify law enforcement if their guns are lost or stolen in transit.
Because up to this point, they would just shut up, and eat the loss??? Sh'yeah, and monkeys will fly outta my butt, too.
Actually there was only a requirement to notify ATF if more than 10 firearms came up missing. Gun gets lost in shipment? You notify your insurance carrier not ATF.

I don't think this dipshit realizes how many firearms go missing through shipping. ATF is going to get slammed with reports. :mrgreen:
Jered

Post by Jered »

There are some places where it's cheaper and easier to get a gun than it is to get a book.

I doubt that's true it flies in the face of common sense and economics.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Jered wrote:There are some places where it's cheaper and easier to get a gun than it is to get a book.

Probably some areas of Pakistan and Afganistan
Greg

Post by Greg »

Vonz90 wrote:
Jered wrote:There are some places where it's cheaper and easier to get a gun than it is to get a book.

Probably some areas of Pakistan and Afganistan
It might be partially true (easier, but not cheaper) in a few areas where a certain type of Obama supporter lives and not because it's especially difficult to buy a book, if you take my meaning. (Did he specify that the gun had to be purchased legally?)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

NVGdude wrote:
Aesop wrote:
ATF is finalizing a rule to ensure that dealers who ship firearms notify law enforcement if their guns are lost or stolen in transit.
Because up to this point, they would just shut up, and eat the loss??? Sh'yeah, and monkeys will fly outta my butt, too.
Actually there was only a requirement to notify ATF if more than 10 firearms came up missing. Gun gets lost in shipment? You notify your insurance carrier not ATF.

I don't think this dipshit realizes how many firearms go missing through shipping. ATF is going to get slammed with reports. :mrgreen:
It would be amusing if, after *all* the losses in shipping have to be reported, we discover that the biggest sources of illegal guns on the street are the USPS and TSA. :lol:
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr