GOP Sells America Down The River

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Aesop

Re: GOP Sells America Down The River

Post by Aesop »

evan price wrote:
Aesop wrote:A great start would be to stop pining for a political savior.
(Because you won't ever get one, and you won't like what you do get.)

After that, define the "things" you want "fixed", and what "fixing" them looks like to you, and what you think a reasonable timeline is for that.
Bearing in mind that it took 115 years (or thereabouts) of unbridled Progressivism to get us to the current situation.
Here's what some of them think would work.
"Gun Free America in FIVE easy steps"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnoFKskvSq4
I love this video. I love sharing it with progressives and liberals who think it's easy.
Molon Labe folks!
Even if it were done, it wouldn't matter. (And this is where most of the Right has their head so far up their ass on guns they can't see daylight on the issue of gun rights.)

1.The Second Amendment didn't CONFER gun rights on citizens of the republic.
2. Repealing the Second Amendment wouldn't remove their pre-existing natural right to self defense with arms.
There's only about 1000 years of English common law on this, and if any of you read the detailed legal reasoning by DC District Judge Silberman or Mr. Justice Scalia, you noticed citations supporting the right going back to fucking Roman and Greek laws dating back to 400 B.C.
3. Even without the enacting legislation, the minute anyone gets so much as one house of Congress on board with trying to repeal the prohibitions in the Second Amendment, which are there to tell the government IN PERPETUITY to KEEP THEIR FUCKING DICKSKINNERS OFF OF THE RIGHT TO SELF DEFENSE WITH ARMS, I and about 20 million others would likely take that as a cue for open season on any government minions, whenever and wherever found, until we ran out of minions, or ran out of ammo.
Just for reference, the entire US military at the height of WWII was about 12M, and that was sufficient to asswhip everything moving on three continents.
4. You can't revoke my right to arms, any more than you can revoke my right to free speech or trial by jury; as part of the Bill Of Rights they constitute those unalienable rights which predate the Constitution itself, or even the Declaration of Independence.

All revoking the Second Amendment would do would be to telegraph the proponents' desire for absolute despotism, and give anyone else potentially impacted by that idea absolute carte blanche to send every motherfucker trying it to an early grave, ideally wriggling on the end of a bayonet to the guts.
I'll be happy to oblige, and on the day, should it ever come to pass, I won't go out like a bitchy jihadi, and I'll do my damnedest to take a metric fuckton of jackbooted thugs with me on the ride to Valhalla. Hear me God.

The smarmy and constitutionally illiterate motherfucking (and I mean that they literally probably fuck their mothers) jackasses at ReasonTV who put up that P.O.S. should be spanked with a 2x4 for it until they're bleeding out the ass.
Then dickpunched until they apologize.

Any Leftists suggesting the same strategy, from a dearth of information on the subject, should simply be waterboarded, except helpfully omitting the part where they pull them out of the water just before they drown.
Ideally, televised nationally.

Yeah, I'm a little touchy about that sort of horseshit.
"...Sorry."
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
henrybowman

Re: GOP Sells America Down The River

Post by henrybowman »

Aesop wrote:
evan price wrote:
Aesop wrote:A great start would be to stop pining for a political savior.
(Because you won't ever get one, and you won't like what you do get.)

After that, define the "things" you want "fixed", and what "fixing" them looks like to you, and what you think a reasonable timeline is for that.
Bearing in mind that it took 115 years (or thereabouts) of unbridled Progressivism to get us to the current situation.
Here's what some of them think would work.
"Gun Free America in FIVE easy steps"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnoFKskvSq4
I love this video. I love sharing it with progressives and liberals who think it's easy.
Molon Labe folks!
Even if it were done, it wouldn't matter. (And this is where most of the Right has their head so far up their ass on guns they can't see daylight on the issue of gun rights.)

1.The Second Amendment didn't CONFER gun rights on citizens of the republic.
2. Repealing the Second Amendment wouldn't remove their pre-existing natural right to self defense with arms.
There's only about 1000 years of English common law on this, and if any of you read the detailed legal reasoning by DC District Judge Silberman or Mr. Justice Scalia, you noticed citations supporting the right going back to fucking Roman and Greek laws dating back to 400 B.C.
3. Even without the enacting legislation, the minute anyone gets so much as one house of Congress on board with trying to repeal the prohibitions in the Second Amendment, which are there to tell the government IN PERPETUITY to KEEP THEIR FUCKING DICKSKINNERS OFF OF THE RIGHT TO SELF DEFENSE WITH ARMS, I and about 20 million others would likely take that as a cue for open season on any government minions, whenever and wherever found, until we ran out of minions, or ran out of ammo.
Just for reference, the entire US military at the height of WWII was about 12M, and that was sufficient to asswhip everything moving on three continents.
4. You can't revoke my right to arms, any more than you can revoke my right to free speech or trial by jury; as part of the Bill Of Rights they constitute those unalienable rights which predate the Constitution itself, or even the Declaration of Independence.

All revoking the Second Amendment would do would be to telegraph the proponents' desire for absolute despotism, and give anyone else potentially impacted by that idea absolute carte blanche to send every motherfucker trying it to an early grave, ideally wriggling on the end of a bayonet to the guts.
I'll be happy to oblige, and on the day, should it ever come to pass, I won't go out like a bitchy jihadi, and I'll do my damnedest to take a metric fuckton of jackbooted thugs with me on the ride to Valhalla. Hear me God.

The smarmy and constitutionally illiterate motherfucking (and I mean that they literally probably fuck their mothers) jackasses at ReasonTV who put up that P.O.S. should be spanked with a 2x4 for it until they're bleeding out the ass.
Then dickpunched until they apologize.

Any Leftists suggesting the same strategy, from a dearth of information on the subject, should simply be waterboarded, except helpfully omitting the part where they pull them out of the water just before they drown.
Ideally, televised nationally.

Yeah, I'm a little touchy about that sort of horseshit.
"...Sorry."
You have no reason to be sorry about wanting to protect what is the greatest gift we have ever been bestowed by God, our Liberty against the forces of evil.