Thieves Standing Around

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
First Shirt

Thieves Standing Around

Post by First Shirt »

So, The Boss was in Hawaii, helping Mrs. Gunner get the family moved into new quarters and such, and while there, was invited to the Marine Corps Birthday Ball (it was a family event, apparently held in the afternoon, before the jarheads got hammered :lol: :lol: :lol: ). And each table had an OD green .50 cal round that had been demil'd and made into a bottle-opener. Got unit stuff stenciled on the side, just a really nifty gee-whiz sorta thing. And when the whole fandango was finished and everybody left, there were several left on the tables, so she (knowing how I am) glommed onto a pair of them.

On her way home, the Thieves Standing Around went through her carry-on bag, and decided that the dummy .50 rounds, with inert primers and BIG cutouts, so they couldn't possibly hold any type of powder, were still classified as "live rounds", and the sorry rat-fuck bastards confiscated them!!

I fully expect to see them on fleabay in the next couple of weeks, and I am mad enough right now to chew nails and shit thumbtacks!!!

This is what happens when you let the inmates sublet the asylum!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
PawPaw

Re: Thieves Standing Around

Post by PawPaw »

Sorry sonsofbitches.

The TSA should be the first agency disbanded under an honorable administration. Just fire the whole sorry lot of them.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

PawPaw wrote:Sorry sonsofbitches.

The TSA should be the first agency disbanded under an honorable administration. Just fire the whole sorry lot of them.
The next honorable administration...will be the first.

Well, maybe the first since Washington.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

First Shirt wrote: with inert primers and BIG cutouts, so they couldn't possibly hold any type of powder, were still classified as "live rounds", and the sorry rat-fuck bastards confiscated them!!
The TSA field agents to steal a line from another gov't agency "Always think forfeiture".

It doesn't matter if it's inert, if they want it(for themselves, most likely), and can even remotely justify it, no matter how ridiculous, they'll do it. It's why I generally suggest shipping ups anything of value, rather than let the airport thieves have a crack at it.

and oh, you can buy those dummy bmg bottle openers for 20 bucks a pair on Amazon.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Not like these, you can't. S'okay, though. The Gunner has promised to send me one for Christmas.

Not I'm still pissed at them theivin' bastards!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

I've often thought one could make a pretty penny opening a kiosk at an airport providing shipping services. Provide the pre-paid box (Fed Ex, UPS, USPS, whatever) and the promise to drop it into the mail by COB that day. Charge, say, $20 over the postage. Lots of people would rather mail their pocket knives home than lose them because they forgot it was in their pocket.
evan price

Post by evan price »

C' mon, man, anybody with the smarts to be a member here knows that the Token Shiftless Assholes would never let your goodies on the plane and they should have been in checked bags.
That said, I just saw a news report that they seized yet another toddler's Buzz Lightyear toys. Yay team USA. They won't let my kid take his Lego figs' tiny guns, either
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

MarkD wrote:I've often thought one could make a pretty penny opening a kiosk at an airport providing shipping services. Provide the pre-paid box (Fed Ex, UPS, USPS, whatever) and the promise to drop it into the mail by COB that day. Charge, say, $20 over the postage. Lots of people would rather mail their pocket knives home than lose them because they forgot it was in their pocket.
Hmmmmm. Sounds like a good franchise opportunity . Might have to look into that.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

I steadfastly refuse to fly commercial until TSA is disbanded.
"No one good, decent, honest, competent, moral or ethical has ever been employed by TSA in any capacity whatsoever." - Weaponsman.com
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Aesop wrote:I steadfastly refuse to fly commercial until TSA is disbanded.
"No one good, decent, honest, competent, moral or ethical has ever been employed by TSA in any capacity whatsoever." - Weaponsman.com
I avoid it whenever possible, but sometimes it's unavoidable. Like when we went to Italy to celebrate my wife's (mumble)th birthday.

When I hit the same milestone, we drove to Scranton PA and sent to Steamtown instead of doing what I REALLY wanted, which was go to Ireland.

TSA will never be disbanded, and suggestion that it should be would be met with "OMG, terrorists!".

If I had my way the whole Department of Homeland Security would be disbanded, the pre-existing Federal agencies that are part of it (Coast Guard for instance) should go back to what they were. All the Patriot Act did was add a level of bureaucracy without adding one bit to national safety. But as I said above, it'll never happen.