MD scraps spent brass tracking

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Vonz90

MD scraps spent brass tracking

Post by Vonz90 »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/10/sc ... ero-cases/

At least a sliver of sense from the state that banned "assault rifles" and then realized that they had no record of them being used in any crimes in the state. (Left the law in place though. )
Last edited by Vonz90 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Grafton

Re: MD scraps spent brass tracking

Post by Old Grafton »

And they'll be lucky to get $1.00/lb for the 300,000 cases (not very much weight) of scrap AFTER they pay someone to remove all the paper envelopes, tags, etc. I'm pretty sure they'll sell as-is at a hooooge discount and a smelter will just burn all the shit off. So Maryland taxpayers get exactly dick for their expenditures, like they get from their State Government in general.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

So in other words it takes 15 years for reality to effectively sink in through government.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
randy

Post by randy »

Old Grafton wrote: So Maryland taxpayers get exactly dick for their expenditures, like they get from their State Government in general.
Having lived there for a (thankfully!) brief time, I'd say their state government gives them dick on an almost daily basis. Without lubricant.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

Any politician who campaigned, voted for, or used this program as a bullet point on their resume should be required to spend 8 hours each Saturday in the month of December in a public park for groin kicking by their constituency.
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

Catbird wrote:Any politician who campaigned, voted for, or used this program as a bullet point on their resume should be required to spend 8 hours each Saturday in the month of December in a public park for groin kicking by their constituency.
Don't we wish. :( The only good thing about this place is the paycheck.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop