The news as a comedy sketch

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
toad

The news as a comedy sketch

Post by toad »

So Hillary is touting herself as a person who likes to have fun in her down time. Maybe it's just me but the phrase that crossed my mind was, "Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash."
I read that an immigrant to Denmark is upset because he has to learn Danish to get citizenship. Meanwhile there is a report of a riot by Shia's near Copenhagen, It seems some Muslim fired a gun in the air during an unsanctioned Shia religious festival and the crowd got upset because the police interrupted their festival to arrest him. I'm waiting for the Danish to do the "Whiff of Grape" thing.
Meanwhile Obama sends ONE destroyer to confront the Chinese. Can anybody get him onboard that ship?
Should have chartered a remotely piloted LNG carrier with magnesium ingots on deck to make the challenge. With Obama on board you could have a fuel/air bum.
Erik

Re: The news as a comedy sketch

Post by Erik »

toad wrote:Meanwhile there is a report of a riot by Shia's near Copenhagen, It seems some Muslim fired a gun in the air during an unsanctioned Shia religious festival and the crowd got upset because the police interrupted their festival to arrest him.
That was at Norrebro Station. It's not "near" Copenhagen, it's inside of town, less than two miles from the center with Stroget and Kongens Nytorv (the Main Square). Any shots fired into the air at Norrebro Station will land inside Copenhagen in a populated area.
Denmark has gun control, with pretty strict restrictions on who can get a gun license.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."
John Wayne
toad

Post by toad »

Restrictions on who can get a gun license, OK.....Uhm how did the Shite acquire a gun? Will the licensing agency head be punished for letting the Muzzie acquire a gun? :twisted:
Denis

Post by Denis »

Erik wrote:Denmark has gun control, with pretty strict restrictions on who can get a gun license.
Doesn't Denmark also arguably have perhaps the highest per-capita level of possession of unregistered firearms in Europe? All of the Nazi occupying forces' small arms basically vanished into the populace at the end of WWII, with the complicity of the Danish authorities, who were not going to be caught unarmed and napping a second time.

My guess is that, if push comes to shove, the Danes will turn out to be remarkably heavily armed...
toad

Post by toad »

"Oh look Abdul, those women are aiming an MG43 at us. Isn't that cute, BRRRRT." , " Clean up on aisle 11." :twisted:
Greg

Post by Greg »

toad wrote:Restrictions on who can get a gun license, OK.....Uhm how did the Shite acquire a gun? Will the licensing agency head be punished for letting the Muzzie acquire a gun? :twisted:
One wonders how evenhanded law enforcement is. Are they equally strict with everyone?

Will European police enforce their gun laws on Muslims as strictly as, say English or Swedish police have been known to *cough cough* pursue rape charges against same?

Or as strictly as American police enforce, say, license, registration and insurance requirements on 'undocumented' drivers.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr