NYC buses must show 'killing Jews' ad

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Termite

NYC buses must show 'killing Jews' ad

Post by Termite »

A judge has ruled that New York City's buses must display a controversial ad that refers to Muslims killing Jews.
New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) had opposed the advertisement, arguing it could incite terrorism and violence.
But Judge John Koeltl rejected the argument and said the ad was protected under the US constitution, which enshrines the principle of free speech.
The ad is paid for the American Freedom Defense Initiative.
It has already been displayed on public transport in Chicago and San Francisco.
The advert shows a threatening-looking man with his head and face wrapped in a scarf, next to a quotation attributed to a music video from the militant Palestinian group Hamas.
The quote says: "Killing Jews is worship that draws us close to Allah."
The advert asks: "That's his Jihad. What's yours?".........
LINK
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
skb12172

Re: NYC buses must show 'killing Jews' ad

Post by skb12172 »

Freedom, Baby!
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

I would like to point out that this is an anti-muslim campaign being promoted by a right wing anti-muslim hate group. Carry on with your outrage.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Yogimus wrote:I would like to point out that this is an anti-muslim campaign being promoted by a right wing anti-muslim hate group. Carry on with your outrage.
Freedom, Baby!
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Yogimus wrote:I would like to point out that this is an anti-muslim campaign being promoted by a right wing anti-muslim hate group. Carry on with your outrage.
Did the posts with the "outrage" get deleted? "Cause, I'm not seein' 'em in this thread.

8-)
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Dammit!!!! I missed the outrage again? Crap, I'm always late for the party!

Oh, and BTW, if I quote you in an argument, and use your exact words, how does that constitute "hate speech"?
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

How come when their side does it, they are the poor dispossessed Palestinians, but anybody on our side is a "hate" group?
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

First Shirt wrote:
Dammit!!!! I missed the outrage again? Crap, I'm always late for the party!

Oh, and BTW, if I quote you in an argument, and use your exact words, how does that constitute "hate speech"?
Because some groups are more equal than others. Some can get a pass for anything, but you can't get a pass for anything- even quoting those kinds of words is more than Those That Decide think you would be allowed to do.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

George Orwell was right. Some pigs are more equal than others.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Jered

Post by Jered »

Netpackrat wrote:How come when their side does it, they are the poor dispossessed Palestinians, but anybody on our side is a "hate" group?
Because reasons.

I'm sick of the damned Palestinians. They endlessly provoke the Israelis and then when they get their peepees smacked like they deserve, they go whine to the UN. If the Palestinians don't want to be judged, because, say, they elected Hamas to political office, they should not elect Hamas to political office.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.