DC Police Chief: Rank, you're doing it wrong.

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Erik

Re: DC Police Chief: Rank, you're doing it wrong.

Post by Erik »

Aesop wrote:What a shock: sworn in at 23 with absolutely no experience but college, she managed to achieve 5 full-grade promotions in ten years, serving a grueling 4 whole years on patrol before her meteoric rise to incompetence. I hope she sent regular royalty checks to William J. Peter.
Sounds like the current chief of the National Police Academy here. Except for the 4 years on patrol, the one here hasn't had a day on patrol, she was recruited as a manager/chief right from college. She never even went through the police academy herself.

She's the one that did the report and groundwork for new gun laws here, which was supposed to stop illegal guns and shootings. Her report concluded that the most important step would be to limit legal guns even more, "before they might become a problem".
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."
John Wayne
randy

Post by randy »

Well, that answers the question about her earning legitimate military awards vs cops using .mil awards instead of creating their own.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

That's what we call a 'Frigadier Greneral', as in "She thinks she's some sort of Frigadier Greneral or something."

We hold such administrators in undisguised contempt.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

It also appears that the ribbon rack is bent and it clearly isn't backed with anything from the way it hangs on the shirt. I also take great insult at her wearing an Army Service Ribbon. As a senior official in a federalized municipal police department, she will very likely have regular interaction with military officers and members. This could lead to military personnel interpreting that ribbon to mean she has served and there is some of that experience at work.

I realize that a great many veterans returned home from foreign wars and transitioned into police departments. I also realize that the current "quasi-military" setup and rank structure seemed a natural step when it was becoming popular. I also think that time is over. we need to move back to more realistic terms and ranks. Police Officer I. Police Officer II. Supervisor. We are reaching a point where cops are indistinguishable from Army Rangers. If they want to play Army, they need to go sign up. If they did so and want to continue, they need to re-up.

This woman presents as a hot mess and is unsat in every respect.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

What else would you expect in a clusterfuck like DC? Anyone competent would have other, better options.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
morsetaper

Post by morsetaper »

308Mike wrote:
How much more crap can you stuff onto your uniform???? Perhaps a French braided Cord award for protecting the French Prime Minister at some point? How about an; "I haven't misplaced my firearm while going potty" award? What about a; "I haven't missed my target award" - which would also include range time as well as shooting incidents in the field?

Don't forget about the prestigious "I have never had my department issued cruiser stolen" medal.
Aegis

Post by Aegis »

Looks to me as if the "military style" stars are correct, as they appeared to be embroidered on the epaulets. The pins on the jacket she may have put on herself, but I doubt she did the embroidery on her own.
Chicks dig fixed bayonets
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Aegis wrote:but I doubt she did the embroidery on her own.
That's sexist. Of course, she did the embroidery. Isn't that what ladies do? :mrgreen:
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
g-man

Post by g-man »

Aegis wrote:Looks to me as if the "military style" stars are correct, as they appeared to be embroidered on the epaulets. The pins on the jacket she may have put on herself, but I doubt she did the embroidery on her own.
The sewn on epaulets are indeed the correct way to wear 4 stars. 'Point to center' or 'Point to V' is the prescribed orientation for epaulet wear, at least for the services that wear them on the epaulets. Point to point is HAT or COLLAR orientation, and her use of them shows laziness and basic disregard for anything resembling standards.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

g-man wrote: 'Point to center' or 'Point to V'.
I can picture point to V in a line, but what's point to center?
i doubt she bought the insignia at a surplus store, so the gripe about looking like a Mexican General or having more stars than four Italian Privates will have to wait for another day. The randomness of how she wears the row of stars is disturbing, though, and I was only a Boy Scout! :shock:
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy